need to rent armor for event

Don't take this wrong, but that is a real long shot... Tons of blood sweat and tears go into these costumes being built.

It may fill your bill better to just look into getting a set of armor and helmet to build and then just have it for you. Could build it to fit multiple body types and such. Wear and tear from people that don't own the thing is the main issue I can see off the bat.

Hey Brad,

It's unlikely that anyone on this forum will "rent out" a couple of sets of armour to anyone.

Firstly, we all spend a considerable amount of time and money constructing them.

Secondly, the armour is made to fit the owner and it's likely that it wouldn't fit the 'renter' very well anyway making it extremely uncomfortable to wear.

My suggestion, purchase a good set of armour, assemble it and wear it yourself.

Rick

Wow, never heard that one before. Try your local fancy dress store for hireable outfits. Though I'm guessing you're here because you know that they hire out garbage in those stores. ;)

Wow. Just last week I had someone ask if they could rent my TK armour from me for a party. I was a little skeptical as I had spent a lot of time on my kit. I ended up saying no.

I told them it wasnt the sort of costume to be used for social gatherings.

:rolleyes:

Actally Brad other then the ovious facts stated above, one of the clauses we have with LFL is no profit is to be made from our Hobby. If u really need TK at your event Get in contact with your Local 501st Garrison or OutPost ask them, if the event falls under the accepted Legion events then u could have more then 2 TK and for free!!!!

Actally Brad other then the ovious facts stated above, one of the clauses we have with LFL is no profit is to be made from our Hobby. If u really need TK at your event Get in contact with your Local 501st Garrison or OutPost ask them, if the event falls under the accepted Legion events then u could have more then 2 TK and for free!!!!

so who would that be? my closest big city is pittsburgh

so who would that be? my closest big city is pittsburgh

Brad

I think you'll find that you fall under Garrison Carida, here's the link;

http://501stgarrisoncarida.org/

Check them out mate, I'm sure that they can steer you in the right direction :)

Hey Brad,

It's unlikely that anyone on this forum will "rent out" a couple of sets of armour to anyone.

Firstly, we all spend a considerable amount of time and money constructing them.

Secondly, the armour is made to fit the owner and it's likely that it wouldn't fit the 'renter' very well anyway making it extremely uncomfortable to wear.

My suggestion, purchase a good set of armour, assemble it and wear it yourself.

Rick

Ditto on this one . I don't even let my GF touch it . LOL :) We spend WAY to much time and MONEY on doing this and to just let someone rent it NOT . The only way I would ever do it would cost them so much money you could get 2-3 of them ( im thinking min of $3000 for 4 hrs lol with a $3000 deposit )

As a car guy and soon to be armor owning stormtrooper I can see the 'can I rent that' answer being the same. The level of detail I have seen on these armor kits is quite good and when you add in each members personal touch and how they decide to attach this belt or detail that blaster I just do not see many wanting to rent out their personal suit.

One of my good family friends son wanted to rent out my 96 328iC for him and his prom date. That was a big no. The amount of time, money and blood spent to make it what it is right now and just a minor mishap and the results could be very bad. Just like with the armor if something accidentally happened it would just not be a good situation.

Good luck on your search!

The 501st does not rent out armor, and any posts/threads offering armor for rent will be deleted. You can request an appearance of your local garrison though.