TK-8280's ROTJ Armor Build[*FX]

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or try to buy an ab plate from AP. The ab button plate is a seperate piece.

Ā 

OK guys, tons of speculation and I will give you the answer;

Ā 

the original ROTJ suits had ALL the ab details upside down. Why? Simply, it was glued to the cod mold and then the plastic was formed over the molds. Hence it was vacc'd in detail and was not glued on seperately like ANH/ESB. I guess they got tired of reglueing all the parts after 2 films and finally decided to change it once and for all.

Ā 

Some ESB suits show the detail upside down and some ANH as well. It was a mistake when they reattached them more than likely for the shots needed and no one seemed to notice.

Ā 

T*E

Nice job Bernard. Great looking helmet btw :duim:

Thanks for the ehelmet Ed! :salute: Its really starting to work out for me...what I did was tyrim the botom edge off of it to add some more room to fit a person's head into it. I put two fans in it, and it feels great.

Great start Bernard! Lead the way :D

What I did with the armor is cut about an inch of the chest and back plate, thes trimmed it of course...i'll post some pic's soon of the actual armor :unsure:

OK guys, tons of speculation and I will give you the answer;

Ā 

the original ROTJ suits had ALL the ab details upside down. Why? Simply, it was glued to the cod mold and then the plastic was formed over the molds. Hence it was vacc'd in detail and was not glued on seperately like ANH/ESB. I guess they got tired of reglueing all the parts after 2 films and finally decided to change it once and for all.

Ā 

Some ESB suits show the detail upside down and some ANH as well. It was a mistake when they reattached them more than likely for the shots needed and no one seemed to notice.

Ā 

T*E

Huh! :unsure: yeah mistake or not, I have to find a way to make this ab plat resemble the mistake that it was in the original movies :) , its gong to be a challenge :unsure:

Holster??? Can I get a confirmation that it was rivited like the previous ones? I have already made myself a right handed holster, I just need to know how to attatch it :unsure:

A work in progress.... :unsure:

ROTJ3.jpg

I've just noticed that in this pic, you can really see the blue/white shade of the AP helmet against the yellow/white shade of the FX armor :unsure:

I'm not seeing holsters on a lot of troopers and think we can remove it from the deployment requirements. Second, yours is the first ROTJ style stormtrooper that I didn't hate. Actually, it's beginning to grow on me a little. Fantastic work there Bernard. :D

I'm not seeing holsters on a lot of troopers and think we can remove it from the deployment requirements. Second, yours is the first ROTJ style stormtrooper that I didn't hate. Actually, it's beginning to grow on me a little. Fantastic work there Bernard. :D

Yeah, when I last watched the movie, I only saw a few TK's with holsters...But they were worn on the right side, but I believe it can be an "optional" item anyways...I wish my trim would come out more :unsure:

looks great!!!..I get so hung up on ANH, its nice to see something different!!!

Thanks man! Yeah now I have to figure out an economical way to fix that ab plate...If this place that I ordered the ROTJ Hand plates from comes through for me...they have a TD ab plate with a blank ab section, I was thinking of just getting that, and putting the appropriate 4 black buttons on with the rest of the gloss white ones..., but we will see if this place comes through for me :unsure: ...but all that asside...I believe this will be great for the forum having TK's deployed that represented all three movies :duim::salute:

Hi Bernard,

Ā 

Rounding off the corners on your shoulder bells would help achieve the ROTJ look ;)

Ā 

-Paul.

Thanks Paul :salute: , I'll do that :duim:

With regard to the belt, i think the rotj troopers had a narrower 2 inch nylon weave belt? I would agree that thermal dets and holsters are optional but the holsters worn on the r h s by loops. I think they were mainly removed for the ewok death scene :P

With regard to the belt, i think the rotj troopers had a narrower 2 inch nylon weave belt? I would agree that thermal dets and holsters are optional but the holsters worn on the r h s by loops. I think they were mainly removed for the ewok death scene :P

so...the holsters weren't rivited to the belts after all? :unsure:

Maybe these images will help.

Ā 

ndvd242pf6.jpg

Ā 

ndvd279jl3.jpg

wow thanks! :salute: ..only one rivet...NOTED! :duim: BUT, as for the belt, it almost looks like leather, rather than cotton duct or webing :unsure: another detail that I hope to figure out :unsure:

Ā 

ndvd242pf6.jpg

Ā 

ndvd279jl3.jpg

wow thanks! :salute: ..only one rivet...NOTED! :duim: BUT, as for the belt, it almost looks like leather, rather than cotton duct or webing :unsure: another detail that I hope to figure out :unsure:

these holsters also look like they hang pretty low, i'd say about 6 inches of black from the bottom of the belt :unsure:

Ā 

ndvd242pf6.jpg

Ā 

ndvd279jl3.jpg

I'd say that the belt in the top photo is about 2.5 inches wide :unsure: ...what do you all think?