TK-8280's ROTJ Armor Build[*FX]

Hello all :salute: , I have made a dicision... :unsure: I am turning my FX suit into an ROTJ suit, I need to know specifically what needs to be done to the armor for this to work, I have bordered the right areas with white door trim, I need to know if you have any detailed pics of the shoulder bells, hand plates, how they connected the holster to their belts, and what ever else you all can think of...the helmet that I am using is an AP with the appropriate black frown and lips, I am in the process of ordering the correct blue-gray decals, but as for now I just need all the feed back I can get from you all on the armor part of it...thanks everyone :duim:

:trooper::salute: B

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Ed :D , But I need to know the little details like how the shoulder bells differ, what the hand plates are suppose to look like, and how the holster is connected to the belt, and such :unsure:

I just noticed there was no requirement for the ab plate to be inverted. Was this because FX & RT have molded ab plates?

were they all inverted? or just some of them? :unsure:

were they all inverted? or just some of them? :unsure:

Ā 

I guess both could be right, because all the troopers in the death star battle scenes were unused ANH footage. Which means ANH troopers could be considered ROTJ accurate. :blink:

Ā 

I believe all the Endor troops had inverted ab plates but now I'm second guessing myself.

I guess both could be right, because all the troopers in the death star battle scenes were unused ANH footage. Which means ANH troopers could be considered ROTJ accurate. :blink:

Ā 

I believe all the Endor troops had inverted ab plates but now I'm second guessing myself.

I don't know :unsure: , and can't remember :( , I'll have to do some movie watching tomorrow evening :D

Hi guys, new member here.

Ā 

I'l looking to put together a ROTJ costume as well so I'l be following this thread with great interest.

Ā 

Does anyone have any leads on near accurate white rubber trim to border the torso armor pieces?

Ā 

TK8280, what did you use for this?

Ā 

Good luck with the ROTJ conversion.

I just noticed there was no requirement for the ab plate to be inverted. Was this because FX & RT have molded ab plates?

Ā 

No, it's because I missed this detail when I put the requirements doc together and no one else caught it. Same thing with green bubble lenses. Both will be added as amendments after the first poll closes. Now is a really good time to go through the standards and see what else was missed :)

Hi guys, new member here.

Ā 

I'l looking to put together a ROTJ costume as well so I'l be following this thread with great interest.

Ā 

Does anyone have any leads on near accurate white rubber trim to border the torso armor pieces?

Ā 

TK8280, what did you use for this?

Ā 

Good luck with the ROTJ conversion.

here you go... :salute:

http://www.customautotrim.com/products/moldings/door.htm

The ANH/ESB suit that the ROTJ came from had its buttons on upside-down. All the ROTJ armor (sans re-used footage) shares this characteristic. I'll bet my mic tips on it. ;)

Ā 

Damn! :(

No, it's because I missed this detail when I put the requirements doc together and no one else caught it. Same thing with green bubble lenses. Both will be added as amendments after the first poll closes. Now is a really good time to go through the standards and see what else was missed :)

So...how would I go about doing this to my armor? do you know of anyone who has done the ROTJ ab type plate? :unsure:

I have jest taken a few screen shots from the ot version, not the clearest but hey..

Ā 

th_RETURN_OF_THE_JEDI-13.jpg

th_RETURN_OF_THE_JEDI-12.jpg

th_RETURN_OF_THE_JEDI-10.jpg

th_RETURN_OF_THE_JEDI-5.jpg

th_RETURN_OF_THE_JEDI-2.jpg

Thanks for these pics, they are great! :duim::salute: ...so, i was looking at the TK's shoulder bells, and they seem to be more curved at the corners than the ANH bells...is this the only difference in the shoulder bells? :unsure:

How about for the ab plate :unsure: ...I cut it completely out of the ab, then turn it upside down...back it with extra existing white ABS plastic that I have...then glue it back on? but all along keeping a close eye on detail because this is a shiney TK, and I can't really hide mistakes with weathering :D

I would say the bells are really pinched and the only way is to cut out the ab plate as i see it.

yeah, thats the way I see it :unsure:

Or try to buy an ab plate from AP. The ab button plate is a seperate piece.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to contact him, but I don't think he sells parts, only full suits :unsure: