Hasbro conversion, detailed build

Sgt JB

so, I got my Hasbro blaster, and my resin parts came in the mail today. I did about the same things to mine on the dis-assembly. I'm not putting the electronics back in. What I've started doing, and it's a pain, but will be worth it in the end, is to grind off the t-tracks off the barel,I'll be putting more accurate t-tracks on later. Then filling all the screw holes and seams with modeling putty. There are several holes on the grips where the grid-work is, so I've started making a 'stamp' for the putty by using liquid latex to make a mold of the grip grid-work. I'll then stamp the wet putty with the grid-work to keep the looks consistent without blank holes in the grid-work. I'll get pics up when I'm further along, I'd only be making reproductions of what's already been posted, since I'm still in the dis-assembly phase.Hope it looks as good as yours by the end. BTW, Where do you get this e6000 glue I hear so much about? I was planning on using 2 part epoxy on mine. Please see this thread for starter pics, as they're almost identical to mine.

---------

I don't have pics up yet, they'll be coming later today when I'm further along, and can take a break while it's drying or something.

also, can someone post a good pic of where the t-tracks should go for EIB standard, the reference shot in the EIB page is missing.

PICS BELOW!!!!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

I got E6000 at Jo-Anns. I imagine Michael's or Total Crafts would have it too.

cool, Joann's is within walking distance, actually just passed it going to Home Depot.

• 2 weeks later...

k, got some build pics up, just gotta figure out how to show in post.....If anyone can give me a fast how to, I'd be grateful.

KjhbXnU.jpg

this was after I clipped the tracks off, and ground the rest down with a palm sander.

VXzoknn.jpg

front view

j8ZvDIL.jpg

taken apart, and inside primed on spots that would be visible from the outside.

tFkoejQ.jpg

Putty I use for filling in the gaps and screw holes

okq6gF9.jpg

filling holes

joXZqXC.jpg

now for these holes, I made a stamp of the crosshatching using liquid latex, I then stamped the putty to make it look like the cross hatching

wfDOALZ.jpg

fDAFCMG.jpg

UXOuMmN.jpg

assembly with the resin parts

G1htZDX.jpg

more assembly

017-1.jpg

here it is primed. Like the sabre? it's my custom job.... :)

ZYRZGF5.jpg

the primer really lets you see the cracks, and seams better, I used the putty thinned down with thinner, and painted it on with a brush. then sanding, then more paint. I then drybrushed the outside with metalic model paint (see my painting thread soon)

final pics minus t-tracks and scope work.

SG7dWik.jpg

QfpNJgd.jpg

XTsuY8j.jpg

QiGcmVm.jpg

ezhbNIJ.jpg

It's not 100% done, as I need to finish the scope rings, add the t-tracks, and hit it with a few coats of satin finish clear coat!

Looks good.

I don't know how you all remove the t-tracks so cleanly.

On mine the vertical section of the t-track was easy enough to remove but when removing the flat horizontal base of the t-track I sanded right through the barrel.

Bondo fixed it up but it was never round again.

;)

Which paint did you use?

Which paint did you use?

The sanding, I used a Black and Decker mouse with a fine grit sand paper, I then sat with 'Empire of Dreams' on the PC, and went SLOWLY. Took about 2 hours sanding total.

I started with Games Workshop's Citidel model paint primer, several coats of Chaos black model paint, then drybrushed with several metalic paints, I'll be doing a painting how to thread tomorrow, so stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...