Show me your crotch!

How's that for subtle?? ;)

Actually, I was wondering about the strapping from the butt plate to the cod piece. I've seen one reference where -- rather than snap plates -- the snap backs actually show on the outside of the armor on the butt, at least. Do you guys use a snap plate inside and hide the connection or drill the hole and put the male snap directly through the armor?? One or two male snaps there (thought I saw 2 in one reference shot)?

And do you do the same for the cod? Snap plate to hide it or drill right through?

Thanks!

Chris

Use small 's' spring snaps for authenticity ;)

Myself and Pete have been looking for these snaps everywhere with no luck. I know you know where to get them as i have seen them on your armour :rolleyes:

Since it's a delicate part I didn't want to weaken it by drilling holes, so I used snap plates as like in the rest of the armor, and connected them with a piece of elastic.

This way I can easily change the length or the elastic itself if it wears out. If you experience butt-pinching problems you want a loose one.

Since it's a delicate part I didn't want to weaken it by drilling holes,

u can always renforce it if thats your worry.

I like snap plates. On a clone I had it directly in the plastic but it put a lot of stress there, so I'm back to snap plates.

Well, I went with the direct snaps for accuracy and simplicity's sake. Gluing snap plates there would also have meant heating the tabs to shape to the curves, so it seemed simpler. And I don't plan on putting too much stress there. ^_^

How solid are the spring snaps? Those are not always the most secure... I want accuracy, but I also don't want saggy trooper butt either.

Trunk has to remain closed... know what I mean...?? :P