TKEastBay -welcome to the fighting 501st

Billhag

Michelle

Congratulations TK-9798,

Welcome to the fighting 501st and to honourable ranks of the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment. :salute:

Well done matey, I'm really pleased for you :D

Thank you so much for the support and information on this wonderful forum. I've been approved (with some armor recommendations :rolleyes: ). Hence, the earlier post on separating ABS straps after use of PVC pipe glue - Lol! Just some minor adjustments ( Spoox/ TK 7107 can relate to me on that) - straps need to be repositioned, chest armor piece needs to be shortened, thighs need to be "evened out". Got a little work to do this week/weekend before SD Comic Con. After the changes, I'll have better pictures for my Legion profile ;)

Here is a little sample of me - yes I am a little short to be a Stormtrooper, but it's been my dream of a lifetime ;)

(WoW! That chest piece is way too long on me /gasp! and Yes, that is the amazing Smitty Blaster)

ActionSmittyBlaster.jpg

Good Job Trooper!!!! And about the mods...... well to be honest i have my TK close to 2 yrs now and i modifiy it after every troop...... it never stops. But the more u troop, the more it starts to fit like a nice and tight leather glove!!!!!

You may consider this mod for the chest plate it might help with the length.

<a href="http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=3938" target="_blank">http://forum.whitearmor.net/index.php?showtopic=3938</a>

See you at comic-con!

I just bought a hobby iron in fact! Please look for me at SDCC - perhaps at the photo shoot (can't miss the shortest GGG TK :lol:) I didn't have the chance to get 501st dinner tickets since they sold out :blink:

I just bought a hobby iron in fact! Please look for me at SDCC - perhaps at the photo shoot (can't miss the shortest GGG TK :lol:) I didn't have the chance to get 501st dinner tickets since they sold out :blink:

One other thing you might do before you even start to cut the bottom of the chest piece:

Unless it's just a shadow, it looks like you have some room between the front "neck" edge of your chest piece and your actual neck. If that is the case, I would first make sure that the webbing or elastic connecting the neck to the back is short enough that it pulls the chest piece all the way up. If it's not right up against your neck, you need to tighten up the webbing, elastic, or whatever is holding the chest and back together.

actionsmittyblastercopy.jpg

Then I'd make sure my plastic shoulder "straps" are moved down so that the 5th, 6th, or in your case, even 7th rib is at the edge of the part of the chest plate that goes over your shoulder. Lots of people seem to make the mistake of putting these too far back. When you have them right, they will actually start to encroach on the "pecs". I had to glue mine with E6000 for almost a day so they would bend and conform to the chest:

cimg2247.jpg

cimg2252l.jpg

After you've done that, there will still probably be plenty to trim off the bottom and mod, but this will get you on the road to creating that "proud chested" trooper look. :D

Chris/Madmartigan~

Thank you for the analysis and suggestions :D . I ended up prying off the two straps to replace them with new ones. I'll take your advice about the positioning of the straps. The placement was just all wrong :P

I'm a bit scared to attack the chest piece with my Dremel, but a TK's gotta do what a TK's gotta do - show off them ab buttons!