oiftanker's Armor Build[*VT]

here are some pics of the build so far... haven't had a whole lot of time or energy to work on it... my wife's helmet is the the pink one still in progress

DSCI0205-1.jpg

DSCI0214-1.jpg

DSCI0216-1.jpg

DSCI0221-1.jpg

DSCI0222-1.jpg

DSCI0223-1.jpg

only in back for velcro... in front it butt jointed with abs strips

Here is a tip for you which will make your armour look 10 times better..

If you are going to overlap the armour to close it even in the back, make sure the armour part that is doing the overlapping is closing over the top, facing the inside of your body. So your left leg the outer part would close over the inner shin part. This will look much better than the other way round, which is how you seem to have it now.

If you are going to overlap the armour to close it even in the back, make sure the armour part that is doing the overlapping is closing over the top, facing the inside of your body. So your left leg the outer part would close over the inner shin part. This will look much better than the other way round, which is how you seem to have it now.

Thanks for the tip. never thought of that, but I agree it would look better.

thats what a buddy in my garrison told me and your right it looks great... also i was told to use the "hook" side of velcro on the inner piece of armor not outwer because when you put them on and take them off if the hook side of velcro is facing your underarmor or whatever it will tear it up

• 3 weeks later...

so here are a couple pictures of the progress... i know biceps and forearms are missing... still working on them... and pic with vox cable hanging out is just because i havent done wireless kit yet...

DSCI0035-1.jpg

9.jpg

2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...