my trooper

Agreed - I think it's one of the best side gaps I've ever seen on a larger trooper. Thighs came out really good too :)

You did very well on the side gaps, I had to do a double take to realize you were a larger trooper :)

One small thing you could change is spreading the drop down boxes to the ends of the belt.

Otherwise, excellent build. :D

thank you guys, means alot comin from all you fellow TK's. my main is Vader of course but im shootin to get a TK number as well.

the drop baoxes i followed advice posted i run across that they were to be belown the last box and not at the position where ammo box is secured on both ends.

if its not that huge a deal i will leave them as is, but i can move them out if i really need to. in pics i had forgot to put the gun holster on belt.

im really happy that you guys like the side gap thing i did. i used extra slats i purchased when i got the FX kit. shaped the droop of the front down to blend into the side panels. and used black elastic to connect the front and back on both sides.

the way i did it, i can remove some plastic and reconnect if i lose some weight.

thank you again for the support, makes me feel really good bout what i accomplished.

Double check visual references (sorry I'm too tired to look it up)

I think it should be about mid-way from the last box to the edge. So that the edge of the drop box lines up with the edge of the plastic part of the belt.

• 1 month later...

well heres some shots from first day, 2 more to go, wearin vader tommorrow, i dunno which sunday yet.

first shot posin with the actress from star wars who played shok Ti, i know i dunno how to spell it, lol------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

lol, yeah they were a cool group for sure, today went great with exception that i got NO pics today, my helper and pic taker was a dark jedi and he got roped into every shot, so no opp to get my own done, i was swamped with folks wantin pics in my Vader today.

tommorow is gonna be trooper again, so i need to get me a good wall backdrop color there to take my 501st submittal shots for my TK id.

a fellow TK from my area was there scrutinized the costume a few minutes, and said it was very well done, and will have no probs gettin my TK number. so that makes me feel pretty dang good.

i will make wife get more shots tommorow, for sure, folks just went nuts over the troopercom voice unit and aerator speakers in the trooper friday. it projected well enough in the noisy area they heard me from at least 10 to 15 feet away. and nice thing bout the trooper, is they all liked it when i did the nothing to see here, move along move along line, lol and i can TAKE OFF that lid.

being ROTS Vader i cant take the mask on and off as i please cuz the neck goes under front armor and is a pain to try to put back on with armor on. so once its off, i change costumes.

more pics tommorow, i hope.

U GO EDWIN!!!!!!!

U could be the posterboy for all of us "Pear shaped" or "keg gut" troopers ( luv the side panel....think a remode is in order)

thanks guys, im so glad you all like what i did, i tried to do tons of pic reserch and reading up from here and elswhere and incorporate what most were doing into my single setup.

that whole lower body section is one piece, i went with the "waders" style of setting it up, so after my legs are all on, i step into and pull up the whole section like waders, and use suspenders i mounted on it to hold it up.

i did have a lil trouble with the chest poppin up over the front occasionally, so for tommorow i tightened up the suspender straps a lil to pull the lower section up just a bit, to see if that helps to keep the chest from doing that again.

and one other issue i had, was where the the forearm part comes up when you bend your arm, for like takin lid on or off, it pinched me against the bicep part and it did it enough i got a sore and it bled where it pinched me.

i have a idea on that, 1 or 2, either take just a bit more off the forearm arc to keep it from pichin me on bicep armor, or raise the bicep armor just a lil bit higher up inside the shoulder bells so foream armor doesnt make contact and pinch me.