Helmet padding

I was curious what you guys used for your helmet padding. I am just getting into the hobby, having been an admirer for a long time, and am going to start building my armor. I am leaning towards the MRCE helmet because of the price to quality ratio, and just wanted to see what kinds of linings you guys are using. I am sorry if this is a question for another forum, but I just wanted to see what you guys use before I get too far ahead of myself. Thanks in advance.

One of my garrison mate's used this:

------------

Ā 

Very spendy but apparently worth the extra coin in terms of comfort. Alas, I'm using cheap an impolite person foam too and while it works it's embarrassing to show the inside of my helmet (it's green foam). It's really hard IMHO to find a good padding system as everyone's head is different, and trying to get them placed right w/o being cramped and reducing airflow is a trick that takes time to get right.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

David

I use a variation on a theme of the original clover leaf helmet padding.

I just got hold of some foam sheets and cut ot the shape and added an

extra piece here and there where I needed a little bit extra :)

The great thing about the shape is that it holds in place without any

glue so I can pull it out and put it in another helmet any time I like :D

Ā 

x565IZL.jpg

Orc5FHf.jpg

Lglzqmc.jpg

Ā 

Ā 

The baseball helmet padding is also a great way to go, I've got this in my

Kashyyyk scout helmet and its works great. I know that Smitty swears by them

so check out some of his posts for some pictures.

Ā 

Hope this helps :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

• 2 weeks later...

Check around at the Goodwills, or any Sporting goods store. I've looked at probably 100 different kinds of helmets, and finally decided on the liner for a Baseball catchers helmet. It looks comfortable, comes in 3 pieces, allows air circulation and looks stylish too. beware though, "Dicks" sells them for $83.. Everybodys different, and just get something that you like, and that is comfortable. Velcro it in, so you can take it out and clean it.

admiral_snackbar said:
I was curious what you guys used for your helmet padding. I am just getting into the hobby, having been an admirer for a long time, and am going to start building my armor. I am leaning towards the MRCE helmet because of the price to quality ratio, and just wanted to see what kinds of linings you guys are using. I am sorry if this is a question for another forum, but I just wanted to see what you guys use before I get too far ahead of myself. Thanks in advance.

Ā 

I originally started with a hard-hard liner in my MRCE, and while it was ok, I often had to re-glue the parts after 1 or 2 troops.

I recently moved to this, and after 4 or so troops, it's still intact and works very well (also keeps the helmet from turning when I move my head).

Ā 

--------

Ā 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Check around at the Goodwills, or any Sporting goods store. I've looked at probably 100 different kinds of helmets, and finally decided on the liner for a Baseball catchers helmet. It looks comfortable, comes in 3 pieces, allows air circulation and looks stylish too. beware though, "Dicks" sells them for $83.. Everybodys different, and just get something that you like, and that is comfortable. Velcro it in, so you can take it out and clean it.

Ā 

That Catcher's Helmet padding looks pretty sweet. If I ever replace the T-Ball padding in my MRCE, I might have to switch to that.