Boots my size

Did you read some back posts in the boots threads? You can always get a pair of Jodhpur boots from Barnstoormers, etc. and paint/dye them white. This is how the originals came to be, and what I and others have done. Will certainly ensure you get a pair that fits, for less money too.

And trust me, you want CABoots to fit.

Ā 

Hey Paul how well does the white on the barnstormer boots hold up? Have you ever had to reapply the white dye?

So far so good. They do scuff and you can see telltale black marks underneath. I haven't had to re-dye yet, but I'm not trooping as much as some these days, and to be honest don't mind the few scuffs as you can see them in screen caps as well.

Ā 

The upside is so far no yellowing. I love my MC's, but they have yellowed a little bit. Then again, they're 8 years old...

Paul,

Ā 

The black jodhpurs I ordered from the UK should be arriving soon. What white leather dye did you use? Any specials tips/hints?

Ā 

-Chris

Ā 

I don't recall offhand. You can do a search for my posts on this subject and it will come up. Guess I should make a sticky?

Yeah, i had a look at black jodhpurs but have 0 idea how to dye them properly... I know a tutorial is most likely a click away, but I was really looking for the quick and easy route :P But if its whats best, then thats what it'll have to be!

Search is your friend, and if not there are only so many topics in this forum. So I just browsed, and found it on the next most recent page. Here is what I posted:

Ā 

Meltonian Nu-Life color spray 617 white is what the cobbler used on mine.

Meltonian Nu-Life color spray 617 white is what the cobbler used on mine.

That's what I just got to use on a pair since the brush on dye didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. New for a warm day to apply it.

To be honest I don't recall. It wasn't inexpensive - I think it put the total cost just a bit over what CABoots were.

And i dont suppose these are anywhere near accurate enough? (for eventually elite anyway)

--------

Problem is that cash is a little lower than i thought and nowhere else has my size :(

(also, i already have just plain old black leather gloves for the permacold that is Canada :P ... will those be okay to start out with until i can find a deal on something better or will that just not be accepted?)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

radude210 said:
And i dont suppose these are anywhere near accurate enough? (for eventually elite anyway)

--------

Problem is that cash is a little lower than i thought and nowhere else has my size :(

(also, i already have just plain old black leather gloves for the permacold that is Canada :P ... will those be okay to start out with until i can find a deal on something better or will that just not be accepted?)

Those aren't even 501st acceptable.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed