FX Thigh question

Hey guys, I must be doing a good job at slowly getting my TK to elite standards(most parts ordered, just waiting :) ), because I'm finally seeing all the probems with FX armor lol. I already have an RT mod chest plate on the way, but what I'm noticing in pics now, bothers me.

I've always known the thighs on the FX armor kits were stocky, but I needed this as my thighs are bigger than any of the brits in the actual suits. I'm not a big guy, but my legs are just really muscular, which causes some issues...

I can't seem to hike them up to make the top of the thigh only an inch or two from the side of the cod piece like other types of kits. However, I've noticed that other FX kits being submitted for Elite status seem to have the same issue, and were accepted.. but it doesn't mean it doesn't erk me. I don't know if I should be able to hike the thighs any higher, but i know my legs simply won't allow it lol. It looks fine by itself, but next to other kits, I have a larger black void below the waist line, ya know?

Anyway, I was wondering if there are any thighs out there that would be better for me, and if not, if there's anything I can do with my thighs or if it's just how FX kits run.

I'll try to get some pics here for you guys from my last troop this past weekend. I tried to show the thighs here at all sides. Please tell me what you think I should do.. I've already put a new set of snaps in my thigh straps, and I don't think I can go any higher here...:

TechFest09-3202bringintheTKbadas-6.jpg

TechFest09-3202bringintheTKbadas-5.jpg

TechFest09-3202bringintheTKbadas-4.jpg

TechFest09-3202bringintheTKbadas-3.jpg

TechFest09-3202bringintheTKbadas-2.jpg

TechFest09-3202bringintheTKbadass01.jpg

TechFest09-3202bringintheTKbadas-1.jpg

TechFest09-3202bringintheTKbadass00.jpg

Looking good mate! I have SDS and have the same problem with the thighs. I had to nip them tight at the knee and shim a 'V' in the left thigh. Mine won't come up much higher than yours. You just have to get it fitting the best it's going to and not worry too much about it. :)

Looking good mate! I have SDS and have the same problem with the thighs. I had to nip them tight at the knee and shim a 'V' in the left thigh. Mine won't come up much higher than yours. You just have to get it fitting the best it's going to and not worry too much about it. :)

Whew, great, good to hear!

The sad thing is that I'm not a heavy guy, ya know? It's just my build. I tried widening up top in a V like you suggested last night actually on one of them (i think it's the left...), but, while it felt a little better, it really didn't make it come up any farther really. And I'd think the shim would make it look kinda ugly for such a small adjustment, ya know?

I'll try to get the thighs smaller down towards the knees, but it's good to know I'm not alone out there.

Can't wait to finish all my upgrades. Thanks for the support in the last few weeks helping me through this, everyone!

I've got the same problem with my thighs, i was going to try to open them up again and shim them

OR

DIET !!!

lol screw that ;):P .

But seriously, Ive run the gammot on weight.. everywhere from 155 to 225 (now 195) and every where in between, and my legs are always the same size lol. Not an ounce of fat in them, which ... in situations like this, becomes a slight pain in the ars.

Definitely helped play defense in soccer though back in the day :).

You may want to try RT or old FX thighs which are sculpted differently is all I can think of. Alas, I'm not an expert with a heat gun :(

Would RT thighs be bigger than these fx ones? And do they look less like tree trunks? lol.

I already ordered a chest plate from him.. if the thighs are bigger, I'll just add that to my order then! :)

Thanks guys.

Perhaps you could see if anyone has an RT kit that you could see or even try, or failing that measure your thighs and see what the RT guys say.

Whew, great, good to hear!

The sad thing is that I'm not a heavy guy, ya know? It's just my build. I tried widening up top in a V like you suggested last night actually on one of them (i think it's the left...), but, while it felt a little better, it really didn't make it come up any farther really. And I'd think the shim would make it look kinda ugly for such a small adjustment, ya know?

I'll try to get the thighs smaller down towards the knees, but it's good to know I'm not alone out there.

Can't wait to finish all my upgrades. Thanks for the support in the last few weeks helping me through this, everyone!

Hi Mate,

I have the fx but didnt have the problem with the thighs.You do know the left and right thighs are different sizes.I cant remember which way round they are but one is definately bigger than the other.What you need to do is put the thighs on without the back of the thighs velcro'd together allowing you to pull the thighs up to your desired height.If you have a friend or a partner to hand at the time you could get them to measure the gap at bottom and top then make shims accordigly.It looks like from your pics you have shims in the shin pieces so the thighs would look fine.I dont know what size the RT suff is but here is a pic of one of the ukg members with his from a troop last week

Hi-Ex-05.jpg

P1010902.jpg

P1010918.jpg

the last pic,the RT is in the middle,SDS on the left of the pic and FX on the right

I took a tape measure to compare old FX and TE2 thighs, and FX, RT, and TE2 shins. Funny enough the overall dimensions of lengths are very similar, but the real difference is in the shape of the cuts, which had a big impact on how they look.

I took a tape measure to compare old FX and TE2 thighs, and FX, RT, and TE2 shins. Funny enough the overall dimensions of lengths are very similar, but the real difference is in the shape of the cuts, which had a big impact on how they look.

Shins or thighs?

Shins or thighs?

Both. A lot has to do with shape. For instance my FX shins fit me perfectly. The TE2 while the same length and all just didn't quite, so I have some RT's. I think with a heat gun I could have made them work.

On the other hand a guy who is bigger and taller than I am - guess what? The TE2 shins fit him better than his FX's. Nutty, huh? If you look at comparison shot on people you can see how the form can make them look bigger or smaller. Most especially on the thigh is the shape of the contours on the top, e.g. the angle/curve they are cut.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dude,

I got the same kinda problem with my FX as Colin will tell you, im about 5'6" not a big guy weight wise but because i have played a lot of football/soccer my thighs are quite big.

We already took about an inch from the thigh and brought it in at the knee and i'm still struggling to lift it higher. Not much else i can do about it but grin and bear it :( (at least until i can get a better fitting armour).

So ur not alone m8.