Upcoming ROM/FX build

I think there is someone in HI who could help find a replacement ;-)

hmmmmm!!!!!!!!!! wonder who that would be??????????? :D

mate have a look at my helmet ,i have fitted all the electrics inside an AP (boom mic,rom fx,2 x fans,stomper hovis with speakers and all the batteries to power the stuff .fits like a dream to should be a piece of cake with an fx.listen to daetrin he really knows his stuff.

here is a link to a thread about what people ut inside their helmets,i have some pics on there so you can see how it all fits into a smaller helmet.

clicky

I used to have a full setup in my old RT Mod, and it now currently sits in my MRCE..

Used hollow hovis, and have 45mm mylar speakers sitting behind in deodorant caps. Small PC fan sits between the 2 speaker caps facing upwards.

My ROM is 5 years old now (blimey, I have been in the 501st that long !!), and is one of the originals. It still has the original mic (not these rectangular clip on things it has now) that is bendable into any position you want it.

Also have a 9v pack for fan, and 2 x 4AA packs for the ROM/FX.

It is a bit cramped, and defo not for people with huge shoulder melons....but works a treat and is loud. Not as loud as the standard speaker, but at least the sound is coming out from where it should.

Is a bit weighty too, but who cares when you're putting smiles on peoples faces...

• 2 months later...

Velcro is your friend!

Fluffy side industrial velcro 13cm*5cm:

DSCF1723.jpg

E6000 a strip of the hook part to the back 5cm*1cm:

DSCF1724.jpg

Pop a hole in it for the volume control, which conveniently stops the ROM/FX slipping out and attach to a hooked pad wherever you want it. Making it moveable between costumes.

DSCF1725.jpg