Trooper Master ANH helmet discussion - split & merged

GINO

With some of the comments you've made, I'd say you have a long way to go.

It is interesting that you would think that people would want to know the truth of things, but when you present it to them, when it is shocking enough, their first reaction is to reject it.

Only after some time mulling it over in their head to they come to acceptance.

I find this ESPECIALLY true to those who have emotional or financial attachments to the item(s) in discussion. I mean, just look at the people posting in defense of TM.

It was like this with SDS back in the day.

I sure hope it doesn't take some of you that long to get up to speed on this current issue.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Must you be so arrogant while trying to make a Gino? If you have nothing to gain then why are you leading the witch hunt? The only thing that strikes me as Odd is TM has not said a word yet.

Much like when you went after GH about the Jeff armor over on the RPF I see this thread getting you or anyone else no where & will only lead to being locked or forgotten.

Isn't this the 2nd time you went after TM and nothing happened.

As I have the helmets in question I have just taken some comparison shots, initially to show how sharp the detail is on the TM vocoder compared to the others, but it does show all three have this bump:

BumpGINOcopy.jpg

BumpTE2copy.jpg

BumpTMcopy.jpg

On of my TE lids does have the bump but it is not as prominent.

With some of the comments you've made, I'd say you have a long way to go.

It is interesting that you would think that people would want to know the truth of things, but when you present it to them, when it is shocking enough, their first reaction is to reject it.

Only after some time mulling it over in their head to they come to acceptance.

I find this ESPECIALLY true to those who have emotional or financial attachments to the item(s) in discussion. I mean, just look at the people posting in defense of TM.

It was like this with SDS back in the day.

I sure hope it doesn't take some of you that long to get up to speed on this current issue.

Please keep civil GINO.

Here you see the TE2 to the left, and TM to the right.

P1011374-kopi.jpg

P1011377-kopi.jpg

P1011379-kopi.jpg

P1011382.jpg

Sorry if I come off as arrogant when I get pissed when people MUCH less knowledgeable than me call my expertise into question.

Yes, I get pissed, I'm human.

GH did recast, BTW.

I'm not looking for Paul to be banned. Just tired of always seeing people refer to his stuff as sculpted from scratch when it's total BS.

If you are going to cross that line of recasting (which he did) then be labeled accordingly.

Is it going to lessen his sales. No

Is it going to stop him from making helemts. No.

Are people going to not be happy with their TM helmets because they now know they are recast. Probably not.

I don't care about any of that.

Just that we see this for what it is and stop this whole charade.

BumpGINOcopy.jpg

BumpTE2copy.jpg

BumpTMcopy.jpg

That pic shows the bump clear as day if you ask me. Regardless of Gino's "arrogance" I'm pretty convinced he knows what he's talking about. Rarely have i seen him wrong about anything since I came to the community. Arrogant yes, knowlegeable about movie props yes also.

I appreciate the compliment. Maybe in time people will understand that my tone in posts comes off as arrogant out of frustration.

And glad to see someone with courage enough to speak his mind amongst his peers even when his sentiments are 'unpopular' among them.

Some of you guys could learn a thing or two from Smitty.

GH did recast, BTW.

BTW, I know.

OMG.

Both of your guys comparisons only further show what I have been saying.

Anyone who can't see this really should just shut up, and be happy little armor buyers.

Theirs nothing I can say the comparisons are in Gino's favor.. Could Ghost measure the distance of the bump on each lid?

That pic shows the bump clear as day if you ask me. Regardless of Gino's "arrogance" I'm pretty convinced he knows what he's talking about. Rarely have i seen him wrong about anything since I came to the community. Arrogant yes, knowlegeable about movie props yes also.

No one has question Gino's knowledge of starwars props But he was rude to rolf for no reason. A man of stature does not belittle others no matter what the cause.

No one has question Gino's knowledge of starwars props

But they do. And frequently. And what's worse is when it is by those who are significantly less knowledgeable.

That is what usually caused me to lose my cool, or post in a sarcastic or irritated (arrogant sounding) way.

I'm not saying that I'm all knowing, or that someone who doesn't know as much as me can never be right and me be wrong, because I don't think that. That's not what I'm talking about.

It's about saying, hey maybe we should listen to what he has to say and not lead with our emotional knee-jerk reactions to his 'unpopular' statements.

I do thank, and notice those who don't do this.

Gino, and this is DIRECTLY at Gino.

I believe TM. Why? Because I can. I have this armor and his helmet. I see far to many things that are not on the TE2. The close ups you provide on the "bump" this helmet does not have. Birds eye view? Still Different. Much different. The TM is slightly wider. Soon I will be taking shots just so all can see for the new site any way. This just adds another reason.

I know, you can say that I assembled it wrong. I a sure you have a ton of great sounding slams on this helmet worked up in your head. Why? Yes, you do have something to loose.

To me it is not all that hard to imagine that he did sculpt it. It was hand sculpted once? Right? Liz Moore did it why not any one else? I hope that TM doesn't chime in. I think hes work speaks for itself. If TM someday admits he did use a base helmet that is on him. I don't see why he would lie either.

Your rude, hijacking style is abrasive and not needed. It spools others up and just brings this to a petty level. What is your beef with everyone Gino? Most of us really don't give a rip anymore. I have been blessed with having met many a cool person in this hobby. You are sadly not one of those. What you are doing is wrong Gino. You seem to feed on mew guys. When there are enough around you start crap like this. I see this happen in cycles.

Yea... You may have the best helmet ever. I see this as yet another attack on a persons cred where a better looking helmet lies. Do you have a TM in front of you? Can you do better super awesome shots? And why cant you say our source for the photos. You have already called out Jez. I am sure that makes him feel good. Or are you just spreading mistrust just to do it?

I think you need to sit down and really ponder why it is you are in this hobby. It is truly not a hobby to you. This has turned ugly.

Check your ego at the door. We all WEAR this plastic here.

guys, don't start ripping each other apart on a personal level here.

I personally think Gino has a point there, and he never said it's a 1:1 recast. It could VERY WELL be a heavily modified recast - Maybe not, but right now, I tend to believe Gino.

Does it really matter though? A lot of people aren't after UBER accuracy, as in each bump should be present, anyway - they look for something idealised that captures what is seen on screen, not in every intricate detail though. And the recast debate is a neverending story, so there's no need to go down that road yet again!

Whatever it is, there is no reason to let this become any more ugly than it already has

runnriott-

If I were to share what I truly think of you and people 'like you', I surely would violate the terms of not only this board, but my own as well.

What you fail to understand is that I'm not in this hobby to play dress up, and I'm not in it to make friends. I'm not in it to sell product, or to win a popularity contest.

What I do offer is info you can take to the bank. And if you knew how rare that is in our hobby, you might appreciate when I do a little more.

A ton of the info about vader and troopers that you benefit from, come DIRECTLY from me whether you know it or not. Whether it has been regurgitated from some other person on some other forum or some other site who heard me say it.

So next time you dress up in your trooper costume, or put on your vader boots, you can quietly thank me for help paving the road and laying out the knowledge that makes people like YOU able to wear something resembling accurate.

runnriott-

If I were to share what I truly think of you and people 'like you', I surely would violate the terms of not only this board, but my own as well.

What you fail to understand is that I'm not in this hobby to play dress up, and I'm not in it to make friends. I'm not in it to sell product, or to win a popularity contest.

What I do offer is info you can take to the bank. And if you knew how rare that is in our hobby, you might appreciate when I do a little more.

A ton of the info about vader and troopers that you benefit from, come DIRECTLY from me whether you know it or not. Whether it has been regurgitated from some other person on some other forum or some other site who heard me say it.

So next time you dress up in your trooper costume, or put on your vader boots, you can quietly thank me for help paving the road and laying out the knowledge that makes people like YOU able to wear something resembling accurate.

Wonderful. Yes, tons of info is "regurgitated". I only "regurgitate" on the stuff I have owned from a "dress up" point of view.

At least now we all know where you stand.

Runninriot - Your and Gino's reasons for being in this hobby are vastly different. Doesn't mean he is less welcome than you.. Heck I'm here for the same buzz kick he gets from an accurate prop! does this paint a null & void logo on my opinion too?? (Even though I already saw your opinion of me rr)

Point is - the "likely bunch" seems to be doing their fighting, but the only thing they can use to help defend TM is diverting the thread via character assasination. Enough of it. Its not helping Paul at all. I'd like to see straight forward facts, and as I said on the rpf, these pictures (from two sources now) make me feel quite uneasy about the whole situtation.. Not excusing myself previously being in a PM war with Gino disagreeing with this very topic. If I can see something is not right here in these pics, you should be able to also... Smitty had the coconuts to say so.

Fair enough if you like recasts, or enjoy supporting them. Its your biff, your burdon. No need to get so upset when someone calls out a fellow member for their morals. It may just mean you guys have more in common than you thought! :)

I don't think anyone had to Help TM. His work stands for its self.

Yea, vastly different opinion. And you share yours just as quick FON. I see Gino slamming the character of someone so why not ask on his?

Yours? Mine?

Are we all any better than anyone else. No. I am sure you don't like me either. We always seem to butt heads on threads like this. So it is.

This thread from the get go was an attack. They always are. It always puts a line in the sand on crap that at the end of the day is silly.

My neighbors now are sure I am nuts taking pics of two helmets... Yeesh.

Its not a attack directed centraly on the person, but on a claim they are making. If someone said stormtroopers were blue, would you attack the man - or attack the claim, with proof? Thats whats being done here.

Many a time Gino has expressed his beliefs and has been told to shelve it untill he has proof. Now he has gone and provided some rather incriminating evidence, you still ask for more and come back with "oh, that isn't enough", "you forged those pics". I see why he gets frustrated, its like when a child first learns the question "Why?". They use it endlessly, no matter what response they get, they recieve another "but, WHY?" in reply to further on the game they play.

Irrespective of how I feel of you RR, I won't fall so low as to say either way, in a public forum.

To add, I do own one and I didn't think it possible either! with so many little things being just off. But when I saw the picture of the bump this morning - such a tiny, negligible detail replicated here - My heart sank. My helmet doesn't have the bump. I just checked. Its a hero version from christmas 07 IIRC. I'm guessing it is only on the stunt mould then. I know Ghost is a stand up bloke and wouldn't lie about such a thing.. Yet its not on the newer updated versions as other people have spoken up saying its not on theirs either. So you have to ask, if it was indeed an accurate detail added on purpose, why remove it in more accurate later runs?

An attack, yeah maybe. But look at it in this light. Up until today, I always just assumed TM's work was an amazing original sculpt. The pics shown tonight raises alot of eyebrows. I still refuse to say that Paul is a recaster, because all I have seen is pics and I have never held one of his buckets in my hands. If he did recast a helmet for his molds, I think that we all should be privvy to that information just for honesty's sake. Will I think less of Paul if it turns out that he recasted? No, in my eyes Paul will remain a provider of fine TK armor, Much like my opinion of CAP, who cranks out some mighty fine buckets I might add.

Does CAP's buckets rival Gino's? Not a chance in hell. Gino has the least adulterated bucket available and is worth every penny you'd pay for it. Would I troop in a Gino bucket? Once again not a chance in hell. But I would slap on a TM or a CAP any day of the week and greet the fans.

Different buckets, different uses.