MRCE Helmet Padding

I recently received my new bucket and im looking for ideas to pad my bucket. It sits just right eye level wise with the original foam. I want to replace it with a better foam while at the same time padding the sides to give comfortable " motorcycle helmet " padding set up, any suggestions? My goal is for comfort and movement without the bobble-head wable. I was thinking about using that memory foam but dont know of any suppliers in Phoenix. I might wind up getting a pillow and hacking it up to fit my bucket.

Hey bud, I'm going to be doing the exact same thing to mine this weekend. I have been told to get something that won't be too hot....if you're going with the padding. Otherwise you can get a softball batters helmet for about $10 and remove the insides and IS velcro it to the inside of your helmet until it fits right. Or some guys are using hard hat liners. I think I'm going to try the batters helmet approach first. Somewhere on here someone was selling Knee pads that looked pretty cool. They can be cut and positioned how you need them for support. I think they're from the UK though so it might take a while to get to the states. Sorry if I wasn't much help.

I picked up a batters helmet today and two pairs of knee pads... Ive done some test fits and trimming and for the most part the batters helmet works the best... Enough build up to keep the helmet tight when you turn your head but not so tight it gets uncomfortable....

Did you buy it new and how much did it cost? I looked at one today at play it again sports. They don't seem thick enough or enough in the helmet for good coverage in the MRCE.

Did you buy it new and how much did it cost? I looked at one today at play it again sports. They don't seem thick enough or enough in the helmet for good coverage in the MRCE.

Ā 

I bought a helmet at Dick's Sporting Goods. I think it was a Wilson brand for $20, the helmet liner was adjustable in the original batting helmet. It had it's own framework inside, pulled it all out and installed very easily with some ind. velcro.

slave1pilot said:
Here's mine

------------

-

Ā 

Ā 

A friend was kind enough to laser-cut some foam for our helmets.

Ā 

Ā 

It also had a circle of padding in the very center that had "TD" on it to complete the "Imperial Cog"

but I took it out to fit better

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

It also had a circle of padding in the very center that had "TD" on it to complete the "Imperial Cog"

but I took it out to fit better

Ā 

Hey Nathan, that's pretty cool. Where did you get the padding big enough to cut the cog?

Hard hat liners work wonders as well for an MRCE. Check out my thread for pics of how to set that up. It stays with your head, which was my biggest complaint with the cheap foam padding in the MRCE bucket.

• 2 months later...

i ripped out the padding and painted the helmet flat black inside, then after trying several interiors I ended up buying a batting hlemet from walmart for like $10 +? and installed it with industrial velcro, i never removed the glue remanants from the old padding

I did the same to my MRCE, but I used cut up knee padding from D-Mac and IS velcroed them in.

zeRHJP0.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021