eFX Helmet

I've been looking around the forum trying to find your opinions on the eFX Helmet. Are these worth the high price? Can you essentially get the same helmet from customising the MRCE Helmet? I'm sorry if this has been addressed somewhere, but I did a search and came up with nothing. Thank you!

I havent seen the eFX irl. It is however made of gf and therefore not good for trooping.

Judging from pics I think the eFX is the best licensed helmet. If you want accuracy there are fan made helmets though that are much better.

The MRCE is plastic and its symmetrical (as it would have been if they made ep4 today) . It will not look exactly like the asymmetrical movie helmets no mather what. On the other hand, if you like the symmetrical look, or want a nice helmet to a low price and arent to picky with movie accuracy thats a good alternative.

Cheers

As far as I know the EFX and the MRCE are the same helmet but from 2 different companies. They may be doing their higher end TK helmet first, just like there are the MR helmets on ebay that generally go for 400-600 bucks.

If the eFX TK is anything like the E2 clone bucket, I would say it is not worth it for someone who wants to troop in it. Most have said it is for a collector, and not the actual costumer. I think a TE2 is SOOOOO much better, and at half the price.

As far as I know the EFX and the MRCE are the same helmet but from 2 different companies. They may be doing their higher end TK helmet first, just like there are the MR helmets on ebay that generally go for 400-600 bucks.

The eFX is "the same" as the gf MRLE. Its asymetrical and its a hero. The plastic MRCE is a stunt.

Cheers

If the eFX TK is anything like the E2 clone bucket, I would say it is not worth it for someone who wants to troop in it. Most have said it is for a collector, and not the actual costumer. I think a TE2 is SOOOOO much better, and at half the price.

There is a guy on theBay that has sold 3 or 4 of the eFX's for $400. Isn't that about the smae price as the TE2?

There is a guy on theBay that has sold 3 or 4 of the eFX's for $400. Isn't that about the smae price as the TE2?

No, it's not the same price as a TE2.

The eFX is more for a collector, and I would not recommend trooping in it at all. I've got the MR LE (which is the same as the eFX LE). It's heavy (fiberglass) and tight (with all the padding). It looks great on a shelf, but you would be much happier with a different bucket when trooping. I "think" you would be happier if you got Ooe that would be lighter, one that you can add fans to, one that you could add a voice changer to, etc...

No, it's not the same price as a TE2.

The eFX is more for a collector, and I would not recommend trooping in it at all. I've got the MR LE (which is the same as the eFX LE). It's heavy (fiberglass) and tight (with all the padding). It looks great on a shelf, but you would be much happier with a different bucket when trooping. I "think" you would be happier if you got Ooe that would be lighter, one that you can add fans to, one that you could add a voice changer to, etc...

"Ooe" ? -what does that mean?

I have an FX one at the moment which I like very much (even though FX's seem to get a lot of heat in the forums here). plenty of room for "toys" inside. I don't have a massive head or anything, but I'm 6'1" 175lbs so it works out OK.

My .02, I have the eFX Stormie, and it is a beautiful helmet. Very sturdy, very heavy, it is wobbly so it differs from the symmetry of the MR CE helmet. The eFx lid is the same as the MR limited edition, except for a cleaner frown paint job and the paperwork/plaque/etc. I placed it side by side with a TE HDPE and although they look similar, the eFx looks a bit bigger and a bit thicker with not as much of a stye. One thing I would not do is troop in it though, but it is very comfortable with its plushy interior to walk around the house and harass the dog :)

Happy Holidays!