Welcome to the Captain Enoch resource thread for CRL creation

vor 12 Minuten schrieb themaninthesuitcase:

The first image to me shows clearly that section is not separate. And looking again today I think it also shows that the bottom edge continues past the end of the right “edge” which to me says pleat, which when combined with the front view, sorry forgot to post that last night and my wife is on the computer, which shows the same fabric around the front. 

At this point in am convinced the bottom layer is a full skirt, with the rear detail formed by 2 pleats. Then the rest is all layered over this. 

So you say its pleated above and is not an extra piece at the rear?

I take back what I just said, that will teach me to post from memory.

vb1VDfyl.png

Thats the front. You can see the front point I mentioned, with a border to give it a clean finished appearance. Looking now with it fresh what I notice is I can see the thigh armour.  If it was a full wrap of skirt you wouldn't be able to.  And I think I can just make out the ribbing in the under suit so it's not caught behind.

As for the rear

30Rlxw3.png  OjFcns3.png

I've tried to highlight the edge in red, and the pleats in blue. I cannot see a split that would indicate an overlap. What I can see is one continuous edge, where the pleats have come open at the bottom edge. 

It also all stops at the hip, so not a skirt.  Seems I was seeing things that where not there last night.

This would mean we end up at something like this:

• Rear half skirt, hip to hip, 2 pleats to form a centre panel in the back. Ends mid knee. Width of that section is 50-55%% of the width of the raised section on the back plate.
  • Front tabard with a pointed tip, measured at 110º, ends mid thigh. Trim in matching fabric to the body of the tabard.
  • 2 leather "flags" with red trim. That red trim is brighter that the rear half skirt.
  • 2 hip pads with vertical diamond quilting , same red trim as the front flags. Could be leather like the front, could also be the same material as the half skirt. The promo image makes it look like it could even be a 3rd material as the colour and how reflective it is doesn't match the leather its next to, the trim around it or the tabard material next to it. I don't think thats down to lighting.

I would say the half skirt and the tabard are the same material.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb themaninthesuitcase:

I take back what I just said, that will teach me to post from memory.

vb1VDfyl.png

Thats the front. You can see the front point I mentioned, with a border to give it a clean finished appearance. Looking now with it fresh what I notice is I can see the thigh armour.  If it was a full wrap of skirt you wouldn't be able to.  And I think I can just make out the ribbing in the under suit so it's not caught behind.

As for the rear

30Rlxw3.png  OjFcns3.png

I've tried to highlight the edge in red, and the pleats in blue. I cannot see a split that would indicate an overlap. What I can see is one continuous edge, where the pleats have come open at the bottom edge. 

It also all stops at the hip, so not a skirt.  Seems I was seeing things that where not there last night.

This would mean we end up at something like this:

• Rear half skirt, hip to hip, 2 pleats to form a centre panel in the back. Ends mid knee. Width of that section is 50-55%% of the width of the raised section on the back plate.
  • Front tabard with a pointed tip, measured at 110º, ends mid thigh. Trim in matching fabric to the body of the tabard.
  • 2 leather "flags" with red trim. That red trim is brighter that the rear half skirt.
  • 2 hip pads with vertical diamond quilting , same red trim as the front flags. Could be leather like the front, could also be the same material as the half skirt. The promo image makes it look like it could even be a 3rd material as the colour and how reflective it is doesn't match the leather its next to, the trim around it or the tabard material next to it. I don't think thats down to lighting.

I would say the half skirt and the tabard are the same material.

To me its not a full rear skirt. 

Picture below!

It shows clear that both panels are seperate, and that the left panel is abouve the right

rR1SPQu.png

Second pics shows for me that it really could be an extra panel above the two big rear panels. There is a clear line where the arrows are

eNWm5VI.png

4 hours ago, Veist said:

t shows clear that both panels are seperate, and that the left panel is abouve the right

rR1SPQu.png

Hard to argue with that image. You can clearly see the gap.

I don't agree on a third panel though. On the shot from the rear left above, you can see the fabric is folded at the top, and then opens up towards the bottom.  Actually it's easier to see if you crank the exposure even further, though this is the limit of any detail.

fgtbmEP.png

In some images that line is a really solid line and well defined, like the one you have posted. In others like above, it's much softer.  I wonder if this just come down to how much use the costume had at any one scene and a clean pressed line slowly falling out with use.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb themaninthesuitcase:

Hard to argue with that image. You can clearly see the gap.

I don't agree on a third panel though. On the shot from the rear left above, you can see the fabric is folded at the top, and then opens up towards the bottom.  Actually it's easier to see if you crank the exposure even further, though this is the limit of any detail.

fgtbmEP.png

In some images that line is a really solid line and well defined, like the one you have posted. In others like above, it's much softer.  I wonder if this just come down to how much use the costume had at any one scene and a clean pressed line slowly falling out with use.

Would agree with 2 panels. The question is just, how are these connected, overlap or a different method

So the main belt and front parts are now definitely from leather, while the rest is fabric? And the borders from the front parts and diamond parts are a brighter red than the border of the rear section? 

Unless anyone can see different, seems to be.  There is a definite leather(or leather like) grain on the waist band and the front panels.

vb1VDfyl.png

Hip panels are much harder to tell, but the one on the left appears to be reflecting differently to the waist band which makes me think fabric.

The rear panels and front tabard fabric based on the drape, and the way it's showing creases.

On 4/19/2024 at 1:40 PM, Veist said:

Would agree with 2 panels. The question is just, how are these connected, overlap or a different method

What I am seeing is something like this:

wmUc0fC.png

100% that is leather or pleather to get those textures

I have updated the kama, now over skirt as its more than just a kama.

I have also updated the belt to remove any reference to specific widths and have made it relative.

Open to feedback and thoughts on if things are at the right levels for clearance.

10 hours ago, Veist said:

Looks good to me. At our current status as we dont have any specific more informations for the skirt  would go with that what you have written. Can be updated when we have more infos

100%.

CRL's do evolve as new info comes to light.