Legion Election Nomination Notifications

gmrhodes13

Legion Election Nomination Notifications

Anyone with gmail may want to check the elections portal just to make sure they have not been nominated for any legion/garrison/squad/outpost/detachment positions, my GCO was nominated a few days ago and didn't receive an email notification and the same has just happened to me overnight. This may just be something that is happening locally but wouldn't hurt to check if you use gmail.

FYI I did contact the LWM

"I can see where the nomination and the second nomination emails were generated. I also see the archive box has a copy of each. So they were sent, but depending on the provider, no guarantee that they were delivered. Gmail has been doing some weird on and off delivery of even Google forms lately, if what I was told today was accurate."

• Like 1

I can attest to my gmail account only receiving some nomination notifications, while others were not delivered. I also know of at least one other trooper using gmail who has experienced the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, Tilheyra said:

I know there has been a discussion on the Legion forum about problems with mass emails, so I wonder if the system being used is not being picky with individual notifications.

The paid service Legion use is similar to ours and has its limits and anti spam detection systems which can trigger in events of sudden mass  emails.

the more bulk emails you wish to send the more dollars it costs to get on a higher plan so to speak.

I think with legions current case it is being flagged as spam when over limit.

As to the noms, they are small value emails when it comes to quantity needing to be sent per email, and happen across a broad time span.

The mass send outs hit huge numbers in the 10,000 plus region, so perhaps legion require an upgrade or different provider.

The spam filters have probably changed over the last year too, so this may have popped up unexpectedly.

Either way it isn’t ideal, and hopefully they have a better solution moving forward.

• Like 1

I had this issue. I received the Detachment Leader nomination, but never received the GCO one.

I checked with the EMT and they forwarded me a copy, but it never showed in my gmail account.

A few have responded with the same issue on legion forums, hopefully some may have seen the posts and check. I was very surprised the LWM didn't put out a post about the issue, just to make other prospective nominees aware.