First Time Build (ESB TK)

Hi Empire,
Depends what ‘look’ you would like.
PVC is usually associated with the ‘idealistic’ look as it’s sparkling white and doesn’t discolour over time. Downside to PVC is that it’s more prone to cracking than ABS.

In regard to ABS, this is the original plastic used in the film, more flexible (although can still crack) and what you would go with for the ‘accurate’ look. Downside to ABS is that it will disolour over time.

I’m my opinion, accurate look is what I would go for but hope this helps.

Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A few threads on the subject

Another thread here

And here

Most of our local troopers who have purchased a RS kit have gone for ABS

Also an interesting read here online

• Like 2

Alright, after getting excellent customer service from RS Prop Masters ("RSPM") who answered many questions within 24 hours, over the weekend, even when they are supposed to be closed, I have decided to commission an ABS set armor from them with an E-11 and DLT-19. I did go with ESB build as opposed to ANH.

I decided on ABS over PVC because here in the northern areas of the Empire State, the cold is a reality almost 50% of the year. Apparently, according to RSPM, PVC gets brittle when exposed to cold temps, making ABS a better option for winter trooping and travel.

Thanks to those who commented. Looking forward to becoming a part of the community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, TheEmpireStateStrikesBack said:

Update: 12 week lead time on the commission. Should be here for May 4th!

Excellent news, John!  One thing I would suggest is that when you receive it, put everything on, take pictures and then post them up in the "Pre-Approval" thread here.  This way we can help you with any tweaks you may need and make the 501st approval process a lot smoother.  You won't need a blaster for Basic, but do you have your boots/undersuit/neck seal/holster on hand or ordered?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheEmpireStateStrikesBack said:

Yes. I ordered all the soft parts from RS. Also ordered both the E-11 and a DLT-19. They actually just got a new MG-34 to mold off of so their DLT is supposedly much better now.

Looking forward to seeing the big brow boxes and the updated DLT-19

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...