Non-Canon Stormtrooper

There is EU, and there is 501st accepted EU. If you want to do a custom costume of any kind, whether it be something you read in one book or this prototype, my hat's off to you. :) 501st EU is of course the province of the LMO.

I think it's cool that someone is attempting this - kinda like making real life models of Da Vinci drawings.

There is EU, and there is 501st accepted EU. If you want to do a custom costume of any kind, whether it be something you read in one book or this prototype, my hat's off to you. :) 501st EU is of course the province of the LMO.

I think it's cool that someone is attempting this - kinda like making real life models of Da Vinci drawings.

It's definately a cool idea, I don't want to take that away from the designer at all. Excellent work so far as well.

I understand about the weird stuff. I saw a lot of custom Mandos that I thought were kind of odd. I did a custom Mando a while back, as well as helping another fellow do it.

My old avatar...

WCavatar2.jpg

Custom lid for a guy in the UK...

lofty02.jpg

BREAKING NEWS :: I just got a PM from the guy making it... he said he handed it off to some guys who said they will be making copies of it before this summer.

There you go.

I dunno... Calling a concept an EU costume can open up the gates for a lot of weird costumes...

I agree, but it looks cool though :)

I understand about the weird stuff. I saw a lot of custom Mandos that I thought were kind of odd. I did a custom Mando a while back, as well as helping another fellow do it.

My old avatar...

WCavatar2.jpg

Custom lid for a guy in the UK...

lofty02.jpg

BREAKING NEWS :: I just got a PM from the guy making it... he said he handed it off to some guys who said they will be making copies of it before this summer.

There you go.

Now thats cool! :duim:

i thought that to get a EU costume cleared you needed reference material from at least 3 different sources. surely the Ralph McQuarie concept trooper was just one or two sketches and maybe a painting from 1 source.

Fraking love it though. i've become almost mezmorised by it. strange how it never got used. i think it's menacing as hell.

For a 501st approved costume it's up to the LMO. Having three sources helps, but what he's really looking for is permanence in the SW universe.

Doesn't mean you can't to this costume, just means it probably won't be considered acceptable for 501st status as an EU trooper.

Say, that armor looks quite similar to this

jm.JPG

I wonder if they're from the same source...And those decals...they look like those cool ones that are removable so you can change paint schemes...wonder where you got those from ;-)

Wow, nice weathering on that suit. Amazing! Makes me want to paint mine!!!

Say, that armor looks quite similar to this

post-2-1169699783_thumb.jpg

I wonder if they're from the same source...And those decals...they look like those cool ones that are removable so you can change paint schemes...wonder where you got those from ;-)