My DLT-19 build

dblcross

I used reticulation threaded bar and threaded union/nut. Also used rubber washer to take up any slack when screwing the pieces together. You do have to make sure you get the thread in the right position before glue dries.

PR1215T_800x.jpg

s-l500.jpg

10 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I used reticulation threaded bar and threaded union/nut. Also used rubber washer to take up any slack when screwing the pieces together. You do have to make sure you get the thread in the right position before glue dries.

With the Leds in the barrel, and wire needing to connect to the stock using Wago inline connectors like these

1qJI1SI.jpg

I'm not sure if screwing together the two parts would work.

10 hours ago, dblcross said:

With the Leds in the barrel, and wire needing to connect to the stock using Wago inline connectors like these

I'm not sure if screwing together the two parts would work.

I usually use remote control servo plug extension wires, very small and a bit easier to fit.

61pc40nXpzL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2_.j

So I think I've found a good way to finish a blaster build with this stuff.

ehuW9j9.jpg

After dropping the stock and damaging the paint that I worked on several times, even with a clear coat of satin finish it was pretty bad. So I had some polyacrylic spray left over from redoing my kitchen cabinets. This stuff is pretty tough. It smoothed out any last bits of scaring from sanding. I'm highly impressed and wanted to share this because I've never seen anybody use this.

NIQGrJi.jpg

I'm pretty sure I could drop-kick this and it wouldn't hurt it. I would have more pictures but imgur is playing difficult.

Seems to have the job. Just take care mixing coats of different paints I've seen some real horror stories when the paints have reacted with each other, you look to be safe :duim:

Posted (edited)

Here's where it gets good folks. I'm not an electronics guy. I've got an understanding of resistors and conductors cause I'm an industrial electrician. I'm having issues and I think I know what the problem is and wanted to get your thoughts. I wanted this to be the perfect build with no problems what so ever. But now that I'm almost 50, I've learned it's never perfect and It's better to have a tool bag with wheels! So, the issue I'm having is that when I connect the barrel to the stock I have to use wires thru the stock to make the leds reach the circuit board of the toy blaster that's located in the handle. Through trial, the leds worked great as a demo connected directly to the circuit board, Speaker included. But when I connect the two with the extra wire, the entire thing won't work. No sound, no lights. I'm thinking that the "Jumpers" I used are too big, thus increasing the resistance of the circuit and making it not work. The jumpers where just some Beldon 2 conductor 18 awg cable I had laying in the back of my work truck. From my apprenticeship I learned that larger wire will help with voltage drop, but it'll also increase resistance as well as the length. That's the only variable that was added to the equation! That's got to be the issue. Anyway, I've got some smaller gauge cat 6 ethernet wire I'm going to try  in the morning after I reconnect the leds directly to the board to make sure I didn't short something out. And I'll let you guys know the outcome!

Edited by dblcross