I have started modifying my 50 gallon Husky Tote Box for my TK Armor, will continue adding things as I can.

Hello all, I am freshly minted TK-74759, and I have a separate 50 gallon bin for Kylo, so I wanted to make this bin my TK/Trooper bin.  First thing I did was strip the stickers, painted it white (masked handle/wheels/tires).  I have TK Name Plates and 501st Decals on the way.  I also would like to add some lights/switches and OLED type displays on this thing.  I also want to 3D Print a rod to hold up the removeable drawer on the extended handle, and I'll show that design here eventually.  I added Imperial cog wheel covers, and I have a black handle I'll be adding opposite the extending handle to aid in lifting the box into my truck.  I want my TK box to be unique.  Right now its pretty plain, but I'll try and keep up this thread with my progress.

To Do: 

1.  Add custom etched plates TKID/501st Legion Decal/Carolina Garrison Decals

2.  Add Black Handle Opposite extending handle.

3.  Add lights/blinkies/OLED?

4.  Design/3D Print a bracket to go across extended handles that will hold the removeable drawer...which contains my ICOMM

5.  I'll take any other suggestions!  

IC6ALh0.jpg

Beginning state!

wqotDuG.jpg

Paint and Wheels side!

4AJulGN.jpg

paint and wheels top

Edited by megtooth sith
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, GalacticGotham said:

Good start. Sounds like you're going for something like mine...

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/53853-my-trooper-armor-transport-crate/

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

goodness gracious Josh, that bin is a work of insanity!  I love it.  I could tinker on this thing forever for sure.  I also own Megtooth Sith Sabers, so I am familiar with neopixel animations, and open source soundboards to control them, and an OLED.  I think you have inspired me to incorporate a proffieboard into my rolling bin!  That will be insane!!!!!!  PS, check out my Proffie blaster thread here:  Proffieboard E-11 Build

youtube.jpg

Edited by megtooth sith
  • Like 1

goodness gracious Josh, that bin is a work of insanity!  I love it.  I could tinker on this thing forever for sure.  I also own Megtooth Sith Sabers, so I am familiar with neopixel animations, and open source soundboards to control them, and an OLED.  I think you have inspired me to incorporate a proffieboard into my rolling bin!  That will be insane!!!!!!  PS, check out my Proffie blaster thread here:  Proffieboard E-11 Build
youtube.jpg.781aaa48435398bd7fbdd323452a06fd.jpg
Thanks a lot. Glad you like it. Your blaster project is very cool as well. I'm thinking of doing a similar E-11 thing with totally different hardware for another trooper friend. For sure you could use Proffieboard since you're familiar with it. It's way overkill really but would definitely get the job done. The Nano boards are just 8 bit atmega328s.

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here are the latest update as of Thanksgiving weekend 2023!

5TnVpnob.jpg

Handle added opposite extending handle, still need to paint screws black.

DOe6eXmb.jpg

My personalized TK plates are on the lid!  

J1HKIwub.jpg

stickers added

MpjZhAxb.jpg

more stickers

Next step will be installing neopixel strips, a couple of OLEDs and maybe a speaker to play Imperial March!!!!  I'll add an external RCP, thinking about powering this with a 26650, and maybe have Death Star panel in lid back lit too.  I want this bin to be awesome.  I'm going to 3D print a bar to hold up the drawer in the extended handle.  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/25/2024 at 2:50 PM, themaninthesuitcase said:

They look like the ones from Assasin Graphics, who also do stickers for us. 

This is the link to stickers but the instructions will get you to the right place. 

Yes, I used Assassin Graphics.  My wife and I now own an engraving business, but our equipment cannot do plates this large; however, we are looking into it, and might be able to have a USA resource in the future!  Assassin did an outstanding job on my kit.