I did a 3D scan of myself!

Nairy

2 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

So who will be the one to slice that little cylinder on Jonatan's belt and print 100 of them? :laugh1:

I want little TD candies that are that small! Like yummy little gummys! :D 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Me and @Coil finally started painting the 3d print that I got from the people who did my scan! All the shadows as you see them are painted on! Gonna look awesome when it is done!

5MYhgOF.jpeg

• Like 6

Outstanding, I love it! Wish I had the talent for this (painting on ab buttons is hard enough for me) but I do plan to print another 'Lil Nairy at a slightly larger scale and in white resin when I get bored, and maybe will try painting one of those to force myself to practice. Excited to see the final result, but it looks amazing. It's a great file and a fun concept!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRascalKing said:

Outstanding, I love it! Wish I had the talent for this (painting on ab buttons is hard enough for me) but I do plan to print another 'Lil Nairy at a slightly larger scale and in white resin when I get bored, and maybe will try painting one of those to force myself to practice. Excited to see the final result, but it looks amazing. It's a great file and a fun concept!

Ahaha Lil' Nairy :laugh1: I hope it sticks as a nickname for the little guy!

In my experience, just paint paint paint in thin layers, and eventually you'll end up with something cool!

My first plan was to just do it with a brush at home to practice, but I went over to @Coil because he has an airbrush and some skills to teach me! :peace:

My goal is to be able to quote Vader in the end: "When I left you I was but the lerner, now I am the master!"

• Like 1

An airbrush helps when painting figures in this scale. But when painting shadows and highlights it helps to be aware of color theory and not to be afraid to mix in other colors.

White is one of the most difficult colors to paint in my opinion. Lil Nairy is a fun challenge.

• Like 2

Just now, Coolajxl said:

Amazing!! I still need to reprint another Lil’ Nairy as well to finish what I was working on with the holdable hologram :blush:

That is my dream project! Would be so cool to have!

• Like 1