Lidocaine's Captain Enoch Build Thread

Lidocaine

Alright, here we go! I'm excited to begin a thread for my build on Captain Enoch, I'm notoriously bad at updates on build threads, but my goal is to try and document as much as I can for this build while keeping an eye on the CRL as it progresses as well. 

Currently, I have most of what may be needed for this build ordered, with the exception of the chest, back, and blaster. I'll toss in some links to what I've been looking at so others can use them if desired.

Helmet: Walsh3D File and to be printed in resin/ABS. There are a few helmet files out there so far, but this seems to be pretty darn close. Found here: Enoch Night Trooper Helmet - 3D Print Model – Wireframe (wirefram3d.com) Working on getting this printed now, and hope to start on it in the next week or so.

Neck Seal: References show a black neck seal, similar to what other R1 style TKs have been using. On order from Sheev's Emporium. Found here: Sheev's Emporium - Facebook

Undersuit: Enoch has a burgundy/dark red color to his undersuit, with the ribbing, so a custom one is on order from Sheev's Emporium also.

Belt/Kama/Holster: David at Sheev's and I have been working on getting the designs for the Kama, Tassets, Belts, and Holster researched. Lots of great progress and he's been sharing some of his designs on his page and the Enoch/Night Trooper Facebook groups so far. 

Chest/Back: General thoughts are that the chest is customized to fit the actor, along with a custom back. Galactic Armory has said that they're going to do the armor, so fingers crossed it's high up on his list to get to. GA's site can be found here: https://galacticarmory.net/

Arms/Legs/Abd: Since this is mostly likely some R1 armor, going to go with 850 Armorworks for the pieces that haven't been customized. Found here: Rogue One Stormtrooper costume armor kit Mimban Solo Anthology TK (850armorworks.com)

Gloves: David at Sheev's Emporium and I have been discussing this a bit, and we're hoping that these tough gloves are a close fit. Currently on order from Amazon, should be in this week. They're "chestnut" in color, but I've seen a few reviews on Amazon mentioning they have a bit of purple and tend to darken with use. Hoping to use that as is, or some leather paint to match the references seen so far. Found here: Amazon.com: Tough Gloves Marksman-X Ultra Thin Leather Gloves, TD 215 Chestnut

Handguards: Thinking that they are the same as the R1 suits, just with the custom coloring. Included with the 850 armor.

Boots: Standard R1 boots like the other R1 suits I believe, on order from KeepTrooping. Found here: (keeptrooping.com)

Blaster: One of the only times we've seen it out of the holster is the standee that was recently published. I hope someone tackles this as a 3D file soon for printing. 

Excited to get started, and like many of you I prefer to get it right! Welcome to thoughts and feedback as the build progresses! 

• Like 4

Sharing upper sized soft goods undersuit sized directly for TK 44228

2 Piece design: upper shown only, lower to come later. Ribbed sections outlined with attached Neckseal (black) also outlined front/rear. Underarm mesh detail also outlined. Rear zip closure method. 

Sleeves with ribbed detail, to spandex forearm, ending to attached cuff

Awaiting correct width of armor chest straps to adjust attached neckseal as needed. 

IMG_9379.thumb.JPG.7fc126a85e66d34b668b0ae69073b345.JPGIMG_9381.thumb.JPG.b4c6382507f251931bc0f62ec9b8df51.JPG

Edited by TK11686
image edit only with watermark
  • Like 1

Excellent work!

I would like to add that Galactic Armory has a pretty accurate Enoch 3D file too: https://www.etsy.com/es/listing/1577808923/casco-del-capitan-enoch-night-trooper?click_key=85102ed9c328171c580ee1b959d9ee259e6ad72c%3A1577808923&click_sum=97842526&ref=shop_home_active_3&crt=1&sts=1

Today they also upload a video about the assembly and painting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IGIiNtJSp4

Enoch Helmet.jpg

Enoch Helmet - Exploded.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up! I'm a Patreon member of his and started printing his as well! Should be interested to see how they compare. 

Got the pair of gloves I ordered, these are a little browner than I had hoped. SUPER tight fit, definitely order a size or two up if you go this route. Once the under suit is finished and delivered, I may dye/paint to match a little closer to the under suit and reference pictures.

wPigQy3.jpg

Edited by Lidocaine
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Imperial Arms has released their Captain Enoch blaster for sale. Looks pretty good!

Captain Enoch SE-14M Imperial Remnant Star Wars Blaster Pistol Prop | Imperial Arms (imperialarms3d.com)

The armor from 850 arrived earlier this week, been trimming armor this weekend. Have the ab and back sections sized up and info over to David at Sheev's Emporium for the waist soft goods. Hopefully more pictures this week of the armor in progress! 

Got any photos of the new 850 armour pieces? Would be great to see some good shots of the chest and backplates.

On 10/24/2023 at 12:42 AM, Sly11 said:

Got any photos of the new 850 armour pieces? Would be great to see some good shots of the chest and backplates.

Sure thing! Just to reiterate I won't be using these for my Enoch build but they were included in my order from 850. 

sradxZF.jpg

bzjSsun.jpg

BfOEIQW.jpg

AhV7hD1.jpg

Edited by Lidocaine

More boring trimming, a busy week so not a lot else, unfortunately. I chatted with Galactic Armory and he says his Enoch armor files should be coming soon, so I'm excited to see what he has. Hoping he's open to suggestions/fixes as needed!

My boots came in from Keep Trooping and fit nicely!

rSDD55A.jpg

Edited by Lidocaine
  • Like 1

Here's Galactic Armory's Helmet in PLA at .16mm layer height. It looks fantastic but I still like the look of the Walsh3D files a touch more!

JHS1Nqk.jpg

Edited by Lidocaine
  • Like 1

Hey Luke, not sure what you are using to share your images, but it isn't working, nor are the links.

May I suggest you use IMGUR, below is a thread on how to use it.

You will need to replace what you are trying to share using that format.

En 26/10/2023 a las 19:29, Lidocaine dijo:

Here's Galactic Armory's Helmet in PLA at .16mm layer height. It looks fantastic but I still like the look of the Walsh3D files a touch more!

JHS1Nqk.jpg

Looks good!!!

I also have been thinking on which is more accurate. Enoch's helmet looks bulkier and wider than GA's model, you might be right in choosing Walsh3D. 

Can't wait to see your side by side comparison of the helmets.

• 2 weeks later...

Galactic Armory released his Enoch armor files today, and here's a quick preview of what he has. To my eye, it looks better than the mcflyprint3d's files by a bit.

Unless anyone sees massive barriers for these files I'll probably print this up in PETG and go from there!

DPjrTRy.png

B9UGwc8.png

Edited by Lidocaine
  • Like 1

I did see their epic video for the release, very cool indeed, but the proof will be in the printing.

This is pretty exciting stuff, and we do need a CRL model, just saying :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ran into a few snags regarding the chest, but still trying to work through them! The Galactic Armory files are undersized, and I have some concerns that scaling them may result in some proportional issues. I asked him to take a look and he's responded positively. :) These were printed at 100% in PETG, scaling up to 118% or so to fit me at 5'10" and 205 lbs the front/back is really deep and looks bad. Pics here include some comparisons to the 850 chest in size/scale.

5PSGzGj.jpgv0rtc5y.jpg

I asked Christian of 3D Fanatics to resin print out the helmet files from Vek3d/Walsh and our discussed evolved into him doing the paint-up as well. He did a fantastic job, and he set the bar high for the rest of the build I think!

rvLuTCi.jpg5Ddhlw0.jpg

• Like 3

That helmet looks amazing!

Looking a reference images, Enoch chest plate is or appears to be considerably wider than the standard R1 style chest.

I realise these aren't scaled equally but the neck opening is noticeable as is the flare out at the shorter base of the chest

381990184_7147666988578208_1595922659763987506_n.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

That helmet looks amazing!

Looking a reference images, Enoch chest plate is or appears to be considerably wider than the standard R1 style chest.

I realise these aren't scaled equally but the neck opening is noticeable as is the flare out at the shorter base of the chest

381990184_7147666988578208_1595922659763987506_n.jpg

There’s a lot going on with Enoch here. Chest sits lower, bottom is trimmed close to the sternum groove. I’m curious if the straps have more ribs to compensate and if the back is as modified as the front is.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been following along on this project. Looks pretty cool and I'm even having my armor printed pretty soon.

Outside of Sheev's Emporium, have there been any other vendors that have created the undersuit or kama?

10 minutes ago, seankack said:

Outside of Sheev's Emporium, have there been any other vendors that have created the undersuit or kama?

I have not heard of any others.