Why not

scottdm62

Looking to take an old set of armor and making it ugly. Any good videos of someone working on this project? I saw a few on you tube but do not know if those are good to use. 

thanks

Unfortunately I didn't do a build thread for this one but it was the last centurion approved death trooper 

CUEfXcG.png

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't use too much grey, most of the references show a lot of white/cream and green/yellow.

large.0018721.jpg.b677c7c1108a573165b935

Albeit the game is a little darker

large.6047796282_7d7df44d67_o.jpg.769151

large.deathtrooper01.jpg.0af947e6300bf41

Ultimately it's your GML who will decide what will be acceptable, going off the CRL the main image is different to some of the armor piece images so there is a bit of leeway. 

Main

505px-Deathtrooper.jpg

Parts

Deathtrooper_shoulder_straps.jpg

831px-TK_deathtrooper-forearms.jpg

I went through most (if not all) of the build threads and based mine on what others have done previously

• Like 1

Copy. I will lighten the gray as I value your opinion! Being the GML, I’m trying to make it as easy on my CO as I can. And thank you. 

Edited by scottdm62
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, scottdm62 said:

Ok I got another stupid question. The CRL says got to have sniper knee but in a lot of reference photos show it missing. What is the stance on that? 

Looks much better.

I think this was discussed when the CRL was first assembled, it is listed as a requirement for base approval 

• The trapezoid knee section (sniper knee plate) is affixed to the left greave and may have two visible brads or rivets securing it to the greave.

DO's @Deployment Officer Team would have to chime in for higher level requirements

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scottdm62 said:

Ok I got another stupid question. The CRL says got to have sniper knee but in a lot of reference photos show it missing. What is the stance on that? 

There's no stupid questions brother, just questions.  

The CRL is clear in the Sniper Knee request and for reference images we use what we have in the gallery section where you can see the sniper knee is present, damaged, but present.

The BASIC level Is all up to your GML to approve with or without the sniper knee, buy for higher levels we have to check according to the crl and official references .

:salute:

• Like 1

Personally I'd add a little more green/moss for the aged look ;) 

Areas which are rough or cut moss/blood/dirt may get stuck on/in to.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 12:31 AM, scottdm62 said:

Looking to take an old set of armor and making it ugly. Any good videos of someone working on this project? I saw a few on you tube but do not know if those are good to use. 

thanks

For Death trooper, undoubtedly the same look your going for, I'd search for both Gary J Tunnicliffe and Howard Berger tutorials, their are often considered masters of this style/effect in the movie SFX world.

Copic inks too?

Nice bike B)

• Like 1

Another question. A thermal detonator is required, I was wondering is it allowed to be hanging from your belt with say one clip (and a screw or a robot to keep it from falling off) like it is decrepit and about to fall off hanging up and down ish vs normal?

2 hours ago, scottdm62 said:

I was wondering is it allowed to be hanging from your belt with say one clip (and a screw or a robot to keep it from falling off) like it is decrepit and about to fall off hanging up and down ish vs normal?

You could ask to your GML before or you can also make the change once approved . 

2 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

You could ask to your GML before or you can also make the change once approved . 

Perhaps he is thinking of higher levels too ;) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Perhaps he is thinking of higher levels too ;) 

:laugh1: In that case , the crl for high levels is specific talking about "CLIPS" and not "clip" to attach the TD

CRL

OPTIONAL Level two certification (if applicable):
Thermal detonator belt clips are positioned with little to no gap between the clips and the end caps.

:salute:

• Like 1