*solved* please HELP with stencil glue

Trime Mudor

Hey everybody!  I hope you are all doing great! 

I have a huge problem...

I painted tubestripes with stencils and when I peeled them the glue remains on the helmet. The helmet is spray painted so isopropanol is unfortunately not an option. 

Please help me ! I'm so mad because the rest works fine...

Thanks for looking, 

Tristan 20230826_093403.thumb.jpg.6346c6f6dd7a1ceafc32162760167627.jpg

Edited by Trime Mudor

Hey Tristan,

Hmmnn a sticky problem, If it was me, I would wait for the paint to fully cure and once this has happened, very carefully using a Q tip with warm water  (diluted a little liquid soap) slowly rub between the lines and around them, slowly soften the glue and erase the adhesive that way.

Hope fully someone on here might have first hand experience and be more help? good luck

Edited by riveting
  • Like 1

You could also try some automotive polish, a rag with a sharp piece of plastic can get in between the stripes, just have to be careful, I use something sharp in the rag for more control. There are other products like GooGone which gets rid of sticky residue, I would test on some scrap plastic first before attempting the helmet to make sure it doesn't melt the plastic.

• Like 1

• Trime Mudor changed the title to *solved* please HELP with stencil glue
4 hours ago, Trime Mudor said:

I would post a picture but I can't for some reason...

You can only attach so many pictures on this forum, many of us use a free online image host, this may help

45 minutes ago, Trime Mudor said:

Oh ,that didn't work ...

Looks like you are getting the image into your imgur library ok, but are you using the Direct Link to post it?  I have posted an edited version of it below, and that came out GREAT, Tristan!  Nice thinking outside the box!  :jc_doublethumbup:

17vjVvH.png           Ono6L6x.jpg

• Like 2

I think it looks phenomenal, Tristan.  No trace of the glue residue, and those lines are super sharp!  Glen @gmrhodes13 has a post (link here) in my imgur tutorial which may help if you are using a smart phone. You may want to reach out to him for more help if needed.

• Like 1