Hello, also from Texas.

Glad to see the post right before mine is also from a Texan! Yeah, it’s overwhelmingly hot here.

hello- I’m Lauren, from Texas, and looking for resources on building female armor. Not 100% what TK to start with considering my very minimal research usually shows kits start at 5’8, so if there are any other short folks or Ladies around to assist me that would be fantastic.  I’m 5’4 myself but I know half the troopers at events I go to are usually women so I’m in good company.

I’ve loved Star Wars since I was a kid and this year my 4 year old challenged me to build him a first order (someone was a fan of galaxy’s edge, what can I say) suit, and the more I researched and looked into patterns for him the more interested I got myself. I’ve just been playing with EVA/cosplay foam making him play armor.

we’ve been to any event we can this year and love the atmosphere and have talked to just about every build group and now I’m ready to start. I’d love to build something that could be 501st approved eventually.

thanks!

• Like 1

Welcome, Lauren!

You're in the right place for TK armor, and you may be pleasantly surprised to know that we have ladies in all types of stormtrooper armor! Imperial Surplus does have the FEM TK armor, but many here don regular screen-derived variants. This first link below is one that should get you on your way, but below that I've also included some specific thread links (in blue) that may apply to a trooper of your stature. =)

Altering Armor for Shorter Troopers: See Cricket's builds (WTF, RS Props)

shashachu (Sha Sha) - WTF

Lastly, here is a section of our forum that is completely dedicated to topics for our female-identifying members:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/254-vaders-valkyries/

One last link since we're talking about armor types. You'll notice that both Cricket's and ShaSha's short trooper builds were with WTF armor. Walt, the owner of Walt's Trooper Factory, can be found on facebook.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

Hello Lauren and welcome to the FISD, you're in good hands here! :dancing-trooper: Thank you for the great introduction! :jc_doublethumbup:
We have the Valkyrie's section here on the forum that will come in handy, where you can read a bunch about wearing and building a TK armor!
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/255-vaders-valkyries-armor-open-discussion/