New LFL Backdrop Images

gmrhodes13

New LFL Backdrop Images

I'm not sure how many of you would have seen the backdrop thread over on the 501st forum, these have been available to legion approved members since 2012 https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=67849 but images had been a little outdated.

I had a conversation with Pete from LFL in 2020 as to any new images which may be available, he said he would talk to Disney Legal as to when we may see some new era images, well after pestering Pete again yesterday he sent me this info:

Hi Glen -- yes, we do actually have some new imagery. I've attached the new list of thumbnails along with a request form.

Fyi, Alex Vargas is the new Head of Fan Relations and will be handling these requests from now on (he's cc'd as fanrelations@lucasfilm.com).

Here are those images (click to enlarge) 

LFLimages.thumb.png.8e64bde80b21bdcde24281a7bf17acc4.png 

Any questions about purchasing or pricing of a backdrop please contact @Arcturus1020  via the legion forum https://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=67849

If you order from James he does not have the images, you must request these from Lucasfilm and also give information for which event and charity you will be supporting. Charity Image Request Form: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xs2VQ56ed-usRVvJ49LB-Dd0IWycZSlV/view?usp=share_link and you can send the image request to: Alex Vargas Head of Fan Relations fanrelations@lucasfilm.com

FYI you can request images from LFL and have a backdrop made locally. Examples of what we had made by a local supplier, 2 fabric backdrop's with expanding frames, these are very light, easy to set up and a breeze to fold and pack, these are 4500mm wide x 3000mm high

0JpsDb1.jpg

o1LRXmF.jpg

Frame

rBVaqWG6Nz6AAZByAAE8sF33RAQ096.jpg

Enjoy

• Like 4

Great work Glen!

Any chance we could get hold of jpg files for some creations of banners or other things for the detachment? What do you think? I know this is regarding banners but the resource itself would be everything! Super hard finding official background images that we can use

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nairy said:

Any chance we could get hold of jpg files for some creations of banners or other things for the detachment? What do you think? I know this is regarding banners but the resource itself would be everything! Super hard finding official background images that we can use

Couldn't say, I don't know if anyone has requested the images for other usage but they are huge files. In the request form it limits how the images may be used, what date it will be used (although we use ours multiple times) and for what charity, it also asks "Type of Item to produce".

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2023 at 4:45 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

FYI you can request images from LFL and have a backdrop made locally. Examples of what we had made by a local supplier, 2 fabric backdrop's with expanding frames, these are very light, easy to set up and a breeze to fold and pack, these are 4500mm wide x 3000mm high

Is that backdrop frame sturdy, estable ? Does it needs to be affixed to the ground or something?

9 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Is that backdrop frame sturdy, estable ? Does it needs to be affixed to the ground or something?

It has locking clips once extended so it can't wobble or flex, it sits up against partition boards at conventions but we also add some weight on the inner frame base just in case anyone leans on it. 

177000-side-view__63521.1620329385.jpg?c

• Like 2