After 48 years I'm finally going to be a TK thanks to Daves Darkside!

dblcross

11 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Exactly the same was me :laugh1: .   Another useful resource for  your build is the Gallery Section , the EIB and Centurion Approved apps. 

Remember to open your own Build Thread and receive all the feedback. :salute:

Before I do, one quick question. what are you all using to mark up other peoples photos with lines? Is this something that imgur offers? Cause I'm pretty sure I'll be wanting to use it all the time.

You can use something as simple as Windows Paint if using a computer, I've not used any of the mobile editing apps. 

I don't know about others but I use Ulead Photoimpact, been using it for years, couldn't get into to Photoshop, too many tools for my brain.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dblcross said:

Before I do, one quick question. what are you all using to mark up other peoples photos with lines? Is this something that imgur offers? Cause I'm pretty sure I'll be wanting to use it all the time.

We use PhotoscapeX  to add lines and shapes to the photos. 

• Like 1

Welcome Terry and as you can see there are plenty of us that are here to help with any questions that might come up, don't hesitate to ask! 

I also started my journey at 48 and remember my first troop like it was yesterday, exciting times ahead. 

• Like 1

Hey Terry, start your build thread and post it here. When I called Dave last week I believe he said there were 32 or 35 of us in this run so you will have a lot of support if you keep it up to date.

I'm excited to watch your progress and hopefully we are able to help each other in the adventure.

OH! Biggest piece of advice I have from previous builds, and honestly one I wish I heeded a lot faster when I was told, wear cut proof gloves and always cut away from yourself lol

Edited by Knockerbot
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, FN1313 said:

Hey Terry, I too should be on this run for Dave’s armor. Looking forward to all of us getting things built! I plan on detailing my build process as well.

Best wishes building!

Just realized I already commented previously on your thread. That’s what I get for having a two year old who wears my brains down! Haha. I love my kid though.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 8:35 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

You can use something as simple as Windows Paint if using a computer, I've not used any of the mobile editing apps. 

I don't know about others but I use Ulead Photoimpact, been using it for years, couldn't get into to Photoshop, too many tools for my brain.

affinity photo is a decent app for mobile at least on iPad. I can’t exactly say for android.

gimp also would do the job.

20 hours ago, FN1313 said:

Just realized I already commented previously on your thread. That’s what I get for having a two year old who wears my brains down! Haha. I love my kid though.

Just made the second half of my deposit. Just waiting on the next step.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, dblcross said:

Bummer.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Yeah, the good thing is because of his history with the 501st and the interactions I've had with him personally I completely trust that it'll come eventually. Being patient is the hard part for me lol

• Like 1

Unfortunately real life issues, material supply and work loads can come in to play and supply time from makers can be longer than first thought, it happens, but you have purchased from a reputable maker so I think you are pretty safe, ;) it's just the waiting game. 

• Like 1

From what I last heard a few days ago he had the material pulled and was working on trimming from the full molds and getting things ready to ship from there. Considering how many orders he has it may take a bit more, but I trust he’ll follow through no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, dblcross said:

Just got word that he's done with trimming and will be sending me a tracking number soon.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Hey bud. Maybe head over to the Work In progress section and keep the updates coming over there. Would be a good way to keep a log of what you got going on