TIE Pilot helmet detail

5 minutes ago, Oldracer said:

Has anyone found or produced this detail that shows up on the back of a TIE Pilot helmet in place of the small rectangular pill box? Thanks 

1E89BB0D-B986-4720-A513-BF1A6D4E92CE.jpeg.e83a4098b932943b3b4c936763c6e907.jpeg

Have you spoke to Jay Tiepilot, or joined his TIE Pilot Research Group? That's probably your best bet!

If I'm telling you the obvious here, my apology.  But that's the wrist comm pad molded to fit on the back of the TIE bucket. I'm about 98% sure that's right. Not many of the original buckets had that feature and none were on screen but yeah. Almost certain that's just the comm pad.  I remember seeing it in the big TIE pilot helmet thread on RPF. I'd link it if I could find it, but that thread is eluding me right now. 

If you're asking where to get a comm pad molded to fit the helmet like that, I'd have to plead ignorance. I bet that you can get a flat vacuum formed one to work on the back of the bucket with enough glue, heat, and love.

-edit-

Found what I was looking for.

https://www.therpf . com/forums/threads/original-tie-pilot-helmet-roll-call.328895/

remove the spaces from the URL. It wasn't letting me paste.

... and now I'm wondering if I'm breaking rules by pasting an RPF link.

• Like 1

Early versions of the TK bucket also had additional parts moulded to the rear that never got screen time.

xNaL80f.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks all. Great answers and I can now see that detail is the left arm TIE Pilot com pad.

I’m a recent recruit to the world of Star Wars cosplay with the acquisition of a Stormtrooper suit from Shepperton Design Studios and a TIE Pilot & TIE Jet Trooper helmets from Denis at Armory Shop Moscow.

Edited by Oldracer