RINZLERz's R1TK Helmet (Jimmiroquai)

Hi all, starting off my very first build with the helmet of course! After a lot of research and help from people here finally was able to pick out Jim's fiberglass helmet and buy it. Just wondering from people who have bought and used the helmet "kit" from him what suggestions you have and from everyone else, what stuff would I need and what would I need to do for a L1 approval (and mods in future for higher level approval and centurion). This is my first time doing anything like this so any help or support whatsoever would be greatly appreciated! 

I used a modified BS helmet to get my L1 approved. I think my armor can get approved for higher levels with a better bucket! I'll be watching this to see how you progress. Jimmy or  Nico that is the question!

Read the thread in my signature in its entirety haha

My trials and tribulations with my Jimmi kit were decently well-documented, so I hope they give some guidance. And feel free to post any questions and we'll do our best to help!

13 hours ago, TheRascalKing said:

Read the thread in my signature in its entirety haha

My trials and tribulations with my Jimmi kit were decently well-documented, so I hope they give some guidance. And feel free to post any questions and we'll do our best to help!

Yeah I read all the way through it and @11b30b4's build thread too, I currently just have the helmet (which I will just have for a while) and just want to know what materials and paint colors/types ill need and a sort of basic rundown what I should do 

15 hours ago, TerribleBen said:

I used a modified BS helmet to get my L1 approved. I think my armor can get approved for higher levels with a better bucket! I'll be watching this to see how you progress. Jimmy or  Nico that is the question!

I also did consider getting a BS helmet but decided against it as I would like the option to move to higher levels without replacing the whole helmet, as for Jim or Nico, from what I've heard Nico's 3d print files are the most accurate ones out there however I do like how Jim sells the helmet "made" and that its made of fiberglass (I think?) and it is also quite accurate too (his armor and helmet are used as examples for the CRL) but the choice is entirely up to you from there, I'm happy to share my opinions of Jim's helmet once I've started working on it !

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 8:59 PM, RINZLERz said:

Yeah I read all the way through it and @11b30b4's build thread too, I currently just have the helmet (which I will just have for a while) and just want to know what materials and paint colors/types ill need and a sort of basic rundown what I should do 

Okay good - you're off to a good start then. I'll try to compile a list in my new thread of the paint colors I used (American brands though, but I'll try to link like a hi-fi sample or Pantone, though I don't think we've isolated the colors like we have the OTs) and some suggested brands or styles of product to look at. I had to figure a lot of this stuff out the hard way, but no reason for you to have to... I'll just get to it when I have time!

On 7/25/2022 at 9:06 PM, RINZLERz said:

I also did consider getting a BS helmet but decided against it as I would like the option to move to higher levels without replacing the whole helmet, as for Jim or Nico, from what I've heard Nico's 3d print files are the most accurate ones out there however I do like how Jim sells the helmet "made" and that its made of fiberglass (I think?) and it is also quite accurate too (his armor and helmet are used as examples for the CRL) but the choice is entirely up to you from there, I'm happy to share my opinions of Jim's helmet once I've started working on it !

Nico's are amazing files and Paul Prentice's finished helmet is one of the relatively few fan-made ROTK helmets out there that I'd say look better than Jim's, surely. Credit where due - it's a beautiful build. I'll try to link pics when I have a chance if you haven't seen it. I lost some sharpness on the corners on my helmet while sanding it smooth, but I was admittedly rather inefficient as I was learning to work with these materials. Learn from my mistakes. I'll try to clarify as many as I can. And yes, it's made of fiberglass and based on a highly modified Black Series, I'd wager.