ANH TK build thread

Roundarmor

Hello, I am a cadet in the south Texas Garrison and I am beginning my TK build from Walt’s. BBB was yesterday and now it’s time to start trimming. Any advice or suggestions are always welcome here and I do have a mentor that is helping me. I also want this thread as a visual record of my journey to becoming a TK. Again thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give me along the way. TK ( cadet )

• Like 1

Hello, I am a cadet in the south Texas Garrison and I am beginning my TK build from Walt’s. BBB was yesterday and now it’s time to start trimming. Any advice or suggestions are always welcome here and I do have a mentor that is helping me. I also want this thread as a visual record of my journey to becoming a TK. Again thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give me along the way. TK ( cadet )

Welcome to the forum, Chris. I’ve been following your post on Facebook and it’s great to now have you here, too.

Feel free to share photos of your kit, questions, anything we can help with.

Best wishes
Dan
  • Like 1

Dan , thank you so much for the help, I’m having trouble posting pics here because of the data restrictions on file size can you help with this?

ah yes, always fun.

I’d say two options.
Option 1 - use the free app Tapatalk. I find this super easy to use the forum and upload images straight from your smart phone.

Option 2 - share you photos using a free service like Imgur. Details on how to do that here.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42381-howto-post-images-in-threads-using-imgur-easy/

When in doubt head to the Gallery Sections, you'll find a lot of references there 

xIF87bF.jpg?1    cGt94Ya.jpg?1

This thread is full of tips and how to's 

A great helmet tutorial, even thought not WTF helmet builds are similar, take note of the step in the ears for better fitting

• Like 1

Looking good, Chris!  On your shoulder straps, it looks like you could use a bit more trimming.  The fronts should "ideally" be squared off, but this will not affect approval at any level, it's just one step closer to screen accuracy.  Depending on your height, you can also remove the large tab in the rear (as long as you leave enough to go over the back plate tabs).

8vysGYZ.png?1    nElcPHV.jpg?1   VzQdFyC.jpg?1              qJjq1v2.jpg?1 Jv7x5nV.jpg?2  

Keep those photos and questions coming! 

• Like 1

Using magnets in what will be hidden areas not to scratch the plastic but at this point I’m just not sure where to trim this helmet. I spoke with my mentor and I have agreed to wait until we can meet up before trimming any further. Best to be patient then rush into disaster. f1513753468c2437cfcf46283ba4bd14.jpg
4de89be7f44d89b7fd5e21dd3ad62eb2.jpg
ff2521ff69d7fd3337165cc12c779d4a.jpg
eddbcd0b990cc9482c5aa2a42780bd1e.jpg
da3f7d4c9d8dda759c6099cdc42b760d.jpg

Some of those threads I posted previously should give you a lot of clues were to trim, research is the key to this hobby ;) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Roundarmor said:

Slow is fast. 

Wise words, Chris.  Many folks want to get things done in a hurry, but that often leads to issues.

Are both these photos of the same bicep?  The reason I ask is that the return edge on the one on the right is much thinner than the one on the left.. which looks GREAT!  When sizing (and before gluing) it's important to make sure that you have removed all the return edge that you want.  Otherwise, if you do it afterward the opening(s) will be too large.  Some troopers like the thicker look of  keeping them on, but depending on what piece it is (like the inside top of the thighs) it can be uncomfortable and cause chafing.

Glad to see that you used inside cover strips!  Although not everyone cares for them I use them on all my limb pieces- especially the calves,

3pOK4DN.jpg    4Sn9NFF.png?1

Wise words, Chris.  Many folks want to get things done in a hurry, but that often leads to issues.

Are both these photos of the same bicep?  The reason I ask is that the return edge on the one on the right is much thinner than the one on the left.. which looks GREAT!  When sizing (and before gluing) it's important to make sure that you have removed all the return edge that you want.  Otherwise, if you do it afterward the opening(s) will be too large.  Some troopers like the thicker look of  keeping them on, but depending on what piece it is (like the inside top of the thighs) it can be uncomfortable and cause chafing.
Glad to see that you used inside cover strips!  Although not everyone cares for them I use them on all my limb pieces- especially the calves,

3pOK4DN.jpg    4Sn9NFF.png?1

This picture is the upper left bicep. I am working with my mentor on this project before I break any glue out. Of chafing does become an issue after glueing during the final fit I found that I can use a dremmel to make and last minute corrections. As far as the inside cover strips I feel they are a must for this armor.
If it’s worth doing, it’s worth doing well and I want my armor to last a long long time.
In a galaxy far far away of course.
Thanks for the reply
Reguards IG 41373

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make sure you sand those rough edges as they can catch on your undersuit when moving ;) 

a41d8bd4839b57fffd28a911e06f6412.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I have to be honest I’ve been a bit on the lazy side and need to step up my game here. Going to post my progress to this point. My TK isn’t going to build itself , wish for that as I may.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1