1DeadDan1 ANH Stunt TK Build

1DeadDan1

Hello all, I’m here to share some photos of my build in progress. I had started to work on it before knowing about this site, so there are some pieces that are trimmed and sanded, some partially trimmed and others that haven’t been worked on at all yet. A lot of the work has been done on my own. I received my kit right before the pandemic in 2019 and was only able to attend one armor party in Pasadena  where I met some awesome people who made me feel right at home sharing tips and even gifting tools all the while cracking jokes on me carrying my pieces in the brown box it came in! For a while I put building aside due to fear of making mistakes on my own. Not knowing there were forms like these with so much information and nice people to reach out to with questions. Thanks to my fiancé who kicked me in the butt and got me back on track and also getting me in touch with some of the people in the garrison, I’ve now put the fear aside and started work again. Shout out to MAD1_TK45001 Alex! For being a good guy and keeping me motivated. Ok now on to the photos!

First let’s start off with the bad, because I’m not afraid to admit my mistakes :( the kidney plate. Cut off all of the return edge and will attempt to create a new one, some how. Possibly heat gun or what some people call a hot water bath?

6D2C3134-87E2-4ABE-9CFE-6CDF21BD4F9C.jpeg

Edited by 1DeadDan1

The torso pieces, trimmed and sanded. I feel pretty good about so far but I think there may be room for more trimming around the edges. Just curious on how they will fit being a taller trooper 6’1C92487F4-6C4E-4A4C-BD01-CF5E484D304B.thumb.jpeg.621ab8ad025c7f753162ac5dcd7daf46.jpeg

Edited by 1DeadDan1
Photo added

Next is back and butt plates. Trimmed and sanded. Learning from my mistake with the return edge on the kidney plate, I left a lot of return edge on the butt plate..but I definitely feel like I can lose some later on when it comes to the strapping stages.68513854-B54C-4A6C-9AAA-2BB44584B044.thumb.jpeg.945f795ddacfae8c36c355e3a4dd34c4.jpeg

I wouldn't worry about your kidney until you test fit everything, you may find it's not noticeable from the outside.

You can  loose the upwards ridge on the butt plate, will sit better with the kidney.

68513854-B54C-4A6C-9AAA-2BB44584B044.jpeg

gallery_12157_59_105497.jpg

gallery_12157_59_36329.jpg

Gallery sections are a great reference if you get stuck 

• Like 1

Welcome, Daniel! You're certainly in the right place for all things shiny white armor related! As it seems you've found with your local garrison, there will be plenty of people here on FISD to help you along on your journey! You can't go wrong with posting progress with lots of photos and questions. When in doubt, ask. I've collected a wealth or resources written up by troopers over many years, linked below, which might be of use to you.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49412-all-in-one-tk-anh-stunt-index-of-resources-by-maskedvengeance/

As Glen said, perhaps just put the kidney off to the side for now and see how things come together once you're ready to assemble the torso. If you don't mind me asking, what type of armor kit (maker) do you have?

9 hours ago, MaskedVengeance said:

Welcome, Daniel! You're certainly in the right place for all things shiny white armor related! As it seems you've found with your local garrison, there will be plenty of people here on FISD to help you along on your journey! You can't go wrong with posting progress with lots of photos and questions. When in doubt, ask. I've collected a wealth or resources written up by troopers over many years, linked below, which might be of use to you.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49412-all-in-one-tk-anh-stunt-index-of-resources-by-maskedvengeance/

As Glen said, perhaps just put the kidney off to the side for now and see how things come together once you're ready to assemble the torso. If you don't mind me asking, what type of armor kit (maker) do you have?

Thanks for the link and kind words. I’m happy I joined this forum, everyone has been real helpful and it’s so cool to see so many people that have built their kits and the many ways to do things. As far as my kit goes. I don’t know the maker. The whole kit was gifted to me by a good friend and member of the Dune Sea Garrison back in 2019. 

17 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I wouldn't worry about your kidney until you test fit everything, you may find it's not noticeable from the outside.

You can  loose the upwards ridge on the butt plate, will sit better with the kidney.

68513854-B54C-4A6C-9AAA-2BB44584B044.jpeg

gallery_12157_59_105497.jpg

gallery_12157_59_36329.jpg

Gallery sections are a great reference if you get stuck 

Awesome, thanks for the input. I’ve seen a couple of these photos browsing through the forums, but I wasn’t sure if it was ideal to have the return edge so short or missing. I always assumed it was needed for connecting the other parts together with the hook method. But then I saw many people also use the strapping method. Thanks for putting my mind at ease for now regarding the kidney :) 

• Like 1

X1JDBMw.jpgone back bicep piece. Trimmed and sanded.Ahdirya.jpgI tried the two finished pieces, front and back on one of my biceps, and I feel like a lot more will need to be trimmed off of either the front or back. I’m going to wait it out until I have the straps to measure everything before cutting more:pint1: 

• Like 3

Back at it again. Today the pieces that are being worked on are The bells, forearm, one back bicep and hand plates. All pieces need clean up trimming and sanding. Then I’ll have to measure the forearm pieces to fit my arms. Extra trimming will continue after measuring until they fit well enough and match up to be glued together. https://m.imgur.com/a/CQYGHgG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Back at it again! Haven’t been able to post recently but here is an update from yesterdays work. Planning to work on it some more today and tomorrow. These are the pieces I posted last time but with more trimming and sanding done to them. Basically cleaned them up more. pZoWpBo.jpg

• Like 2

This photo shows the bells at a higher angle. I have a feeling I can shave off a little more of that “lip “ at the top of the bell… trying to get everything “flush “ without getting too close to the nice parts of the plastic. :56pullhair:
KOAXAOu.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1DeadDan1 said:

I have a feeling I can shave off a little more of that “lip “ at the top of the bell

Yes, you can sand it a little more.  keep up the great work :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 1DeadDan1 said:

This photo shows the bells at a higher angle. I have a feeling I can shave off a little more of that “lip “ at the top of the bell… trying to get everything “flush “ without getting too close to the nice parts of the plastic. :56pullhair:
KOAXAOu.jpg

You could also add a slight curve to the sides depending on how they fit (screen used on right) 

gallery_12157_15_48577.jpg