Rivets

I am going to use rivets on the side of the ab and kidney plate, and what I have found out is that it should be 3 rivets on each side.

But what size should the rivets have?

And is it very important that the rivets have the right position? (not easy to see on a picture exactly where the rivets are placed).

I have looked at Stukatroopers build tread and I am thinking of doing like that. -----

There should not be any more visable rivets then these 6, right?

// Jimmy

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

You need 6 on your left hand side of the body, 2 will be covered by the belt and 1 big rivet or i think it looks like a camping snap on the right side of the body at the very top

Hx6VQme.jpg

NhziMtg.png

I am going to be trying this out as well very soon. There is a great reference photo in the gallery:

-----

I think this is not a real suit, but one that TE did a few years back. The position looks good.

Any know if this is correct for the actual ANH suits?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2020

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, it's my first post. I just bought my first FX armor and I'm going to start building it tomorrow. I think that I'm going to go with the rivets, but I have a question. I've purchased the rivet gun and the 1/8th inch short white rivets. I've riveted a few things to see how they look before I rivet the armor.

Here's my question, the outside (viewable side) of the rivet is flush and looks like it's meant to -nice. However, on the inside, the rivets aren't flush with ABS at all. -It holds very tight, but it looks like a knobby knot that sticks out about a 1/4 inch. IS THIS NORMAL? I don't know if I'm doing it right. The only other thing that I've ever riveted was on my motorcycle and it looks the same. (It's had held for 6 years though).

THANKS!!!

P.S. I'm nervous as hell about starting the armor. Your tip are incredibly appreciated.

John, pics help.

a 1/4" doesnt SOUND right though.

I was just over on TK409's site and my rivets look like the ones that he's posted so I think that I'm on the right track. Thanks so much.

Actually what you want are split rivets, not pop rivets.

Usually ACE hardware carries these.

Assuming you are looking for something accurate, this is the way to go.

Hope this helps,

Scott