Travelling with Armor

Fergal

Hi guys - I am flying from London to Dublin next week and want to take the armor with me.

Ignoring the helmet for the time being - does anyone know of good packing tips so I can get my fx armour inot a bag I can carry on board? - I can put my lower arms in my shoulderbells which in turn fit inside the thighs etc.

Any bags that do the trick? - May have to bring a black plastic bag!

actually now that I think about it....black plastic bag hmmm....

Any tips appreciated

Fergal,

I have had armor for a few years now... I have packed it within itself in so many confiigurations trying to reduce the space it takes up. Unless your armor can be totally taken apart I don't think the cod/butt/ab/kidney plates would EVEN beging to fin in an overhead bin, or under the seat in front of you... just too large, mate!

I wouldn't put it in a bag mate

When they stow your luggage (as it'll be too big to take on with you) those monkeys in cabin luggage just THROW everything on top of one another.

Your armour will get smashed to pieces dude.

Get yourself a suitcase

• 3 weeks later...
I wouldn't put it in a bag mate

When they stow your luggage (as it'll be too big to take on with you) those monkeys in cabin luggage just THROW everything on top of one another.

Your armour will get smashed to pieces dude.

Get yourself a suitcase

Just another question..not for only travelling but what do you guys suggest to use to carry your Armor and other items to events..local or not.

Hockey bag? Luggage with wheels?

thanks

TKyoda said:
Just another question..not for only travelling but what do you guys suggest to use to carry your Armor and other items to events..local or not.

Hockey bag? Luggage with wheels?

thanks

I use a large ABS suitcase with roller wheels and handle - it holds everything, Helmet included.

------------

I know i'm in the UK but this is just so you can see what I have.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

The Wal-Mart case James mentioned above I use for my TB armor/helmet. I can get my TK armor in it, without the helmet. And it has wheels. Definitely need wheels.

That being said, I flew with my TB armor/helmet and it survived without a problem. I use a TSA approved luggage lock for added security. Plus, you can always ask TSA to do a hand check of your luggage. I did this because after taking an hour to carefully configure the pieces to fit without being crushed, I didn't want someone hastily throwing the pieces back in the bin.

Didn't seem to be a problem but I would allow extra time. All it takes is a busy airport and you could be standing there a while.

The Wal-Mart case James mentioned above I use for my TB armor/helmet. I can get my TK armor in it, without the helmet. And it has wheels. Definitely need wheels.

That being said, I flew with my TB armor/helmet and it survived without a problem. I use a TSA approved luggage lock for added security. Plus, you can always ask TSA to do a hand check of your luggage. I did this because after taking an hour to carefully configure the pieces to fit without being crushed, I didn't want someone hastily throwing the pieces back in the bin.

Didn't seem to be a problem but I would allow extra time. All it takes is a busy airport and you could be standing there a while.

I've had someone recommend that to me as well, but since I saw how big the thing is I said no way is my armor going to fit. Without the helmet would make sense, what do you do with yours then? Carry on?

iam118 said:
I've had someone recommend that to me as well, but since I saw how big the thing is I said no way is my armor going to fit. Without the helmet would make sense, what do you do with yours then? Carry on?

I haven't had to travel by air with my TK so the problem hasn't come up. I have this case from The Container Store:

-----------

Its fairly study, is quite a bit larger so it will hold the helmet, and lockable. You could use it to fly, but you will most surely get charged for an oversized piece of luggage.

That being said, carry-on for the helmet would be the way to go if you used the Wal-Mart case. There were helmet bags being sold at one time on the Legion board or you might be able to pick up a flight helmet bag.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021