my new bucket

Hi fellow troopers!

As this is my semi-first post here, let me introduce myself.

According to my mate Russ from the R2 builders club I'm "Dan Shu--uh L something... the German guy" ;)

I'm a pretty active member in the R2 builders club, have two droids, but I'm also a member of the 501st/German Garrison. I joined it some time last year with an old FX kit that I got cheap from a mate, but I never felt really happy with it. First the vacforming wasn't that good, second I rushed putting it together, so I could join the 501st asap ;)

Recently I had the chance to acquire a Movie FX (german armour) set, and I want to get this as close as possible to an ANH trooper, hoping to become elite one day :D

So no rushing this time. I started working on the bucket, which is now pretty much done on the outside, except for the mic tips, which are just "borrowed" from my other helmet for now and will be replaced with new ones soon. I quite like how it turned out, although it's not as screen accurate as some of the other buckets around (might get a TE to replace this one later down the road, but for now this helmet will have to do)

Anyway, I thought I'd share some pics of the finished helmet with you guys, as I'd like to get some feedback on it. So here we go:

newtk1.jpg

newtk2.jpg

newbucket.jpg

newbucketbw.jpg

that's it for now... let me know what you think :)

edit: Before anyone says something - the lenses are green acrylic, they always turn out black on pics though... I might have to change them... what do you think?

Hate to say it but your decals are all on the wrong side except for the tears and front traps :( Otherwise looks nice :)

Really? Oops... oh well, I can still change the ones on the back... not much luck with the tube stripes I guess. Dang - Well, makes it unique, right? :unsure:

there were no screws in the ears, only little dents. As I said I got this all as a kit form, so I put this bucket together, got six flathead screws from the DIY store next door, painted them white and installed those... easy as pie :)