tat2trooper TK Anovos build thread

tat2trooper

51 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

looking at reference photos of hero seems most work would be in the helmet specifically.tightening up the frown and touch up painting on my vocoder.not sure if those are black lenses or really dark green either onn the hero.

There are a few other things for a Hero, less teeth (although I converted a stunt to hero) and ears have only 3 bumps not 4.

Here is a pdf showing differences between the versions https://drive.google.com/file/d/10tEVteIreh6AHMogW010cuH_Bf8TBfU6/view

2 hours ago, tat2trooper said:

hows this look? 

4UI5iuC.jpg

You could still trim off a bit more, notice in the reference below it is at the top of the peak of the ridge

gallery_12157_15_34529.jpg

1 hour ago, tat2trooper said:

i also noticed this.this was a previously attempted kit so the guy did the belt.i noticed the 2 holes.i was planning on buying a new belt anyways but do i have to buy a whole new belt plate as well? our are these easilt taken apart?

jZwMUaE.jpg

Plastic section of the belt can be separated

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

now that was some great reading in that thread.but i hear some say its ok for basic.i am going to be getting new belt and doing it all just didnt want to get hung up on it right this instance while i still have more to do on my own kit.great links.

Some GML's (garrison membership liaison's) will allow for basic but many won't, would pay to check with your local GML.

Making a belt from white canvas (or similar fabric) is pretty easy, just a case of folding a few times and sewing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Some GML's (garrison membership liaison's) will allow for basic but many won't, would pay to check with your local GML.

Making a belt from white canvas (or similar fabric) is pretty easy, just a case of folding a few times and sewing. 

thanks alot for advice on the chest and back.i trimmed mine down more and big difference.feels way better.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

GJcpVRs.jpg

currently working on this right calf.

Looking good, note cover strip goes all the way on the front BUT stops under the top ridge on the rear. They also close outside over inside so the opening is not seen from outside ;) 

gallery_12157_15_9179.jpggallery_12157_15_46342.jpg

rise and shine its program time gentlemen.time to get started on finishing this right calf.can anyone recommend a youtube video of back calf pieces.looking to do velcro but i also seen someone do magnets.any comments on the two? pros/cons while walking around with either of these options.

Looks like your mesh is a little too fine, you may need to replace it if seeking higher approvalYlv8N6e.jpg&key=833ced18d2d91a277d7960b5

rmMCj1s.jpg?1&key=bce89d1d10504c36fd3077

With the rivets it is best to fit them before painting or you can damage the paint applying them ;) 

zz2hft0.jpg&key=60ef65c7b7f99204fe7efc90

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tat2trooper said:

rise and shine its program time gentlemen.time to get started on finishing this right calf.can anyone recommend a youtube video of back calf pieces.looking to do velcro but i also seen someone do magnets.any comments on the two? pros/cons while walking around with either of these options.

Not a lot of people have done the magnet way as yet so I've not heard a lot of feedback. Velcro is good as long as you have nice fitting shin closures, may need water bath to get them sitting right.

Here's a few magnet builds

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Not a lot of people have done the magnet way as yet so I've not heard a lot of feedback. Velcro is good as long as you have nice fitting shin closures, may need water bath to get them sitting right.

Here's a few magnet builds

thanks those look awesome and not that much difficult.definetly want to plan on attempting them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looks like your mesh is a little too fine, you may need to replace it if seeking higher approvalYlv8N6e.jpg&key=833ced18d2d91a277d7960b5

rmMCj1s.jpg?1&key=bce89d1d10504c36fd3077

With the rivets it is best to fit them before painting or you can damage the paint applying them ;) 

zz2hft0.jpg&key=60ef65c7b7f99204fe7efc90

i found some tips for $20 gonna order now.good thing i won last weeks football pool.extra $500 in my pocket.got boots neck seal and rubber hand guards on the way.

18 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

knee

IFVCpEY.jpg

l8uG0Jm.jpg

You can trim the curved section a little straighter ;) 

ACtC-3ftrBgWpRHaO-pw9goEcy9xAOsBYwGa6435

Q5LXorf.png?1   SPKijxH.png?2   TQSUjK8.jpg?1  YSGgsvY.png?1

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

so these came shaooooooo.

FOvcONU.jpg

A very nice boot and comfy on long troops.

12 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

rough finish on the back right thigh gonna start the next one which i know will be a pain in the butt.

UwlksJf.jpg

Nice work, you may want to remove the top end as it is sticking out a bit and may stab you while walking.

gallery_12157_15_2547.jpggallery_12157_15_1150.jpg

If you wanted you could add some ABS paste in the gap in the bottom ridge but it's fine as is for basic approval.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

A very nice boot and comfy on long troops.

Nice work, you may want to remove the top end as it is sticking out a bit and may stab you while walking.

gallery_12157_15_2547.jpggallery_12157_15_1150.jpg

If you wanted you could add some ABS paste in the gap in the bottom ridge but it's fine as is for basic approval.

yea its just a rough finish.and believe me when i was fitting it i felt that stab in back of leg.i was planning on doing abs paste because i cant stand the little gaps.

• Like 1

FYI a lot of people add mobility cuts to the back of the thigs and shins, but it really depends on your height, if you are too talk they can look silly and show a big black gap at the rear, some add these cuts before trying on the armor, I only advise them for shorter troopers, definitely wait until you are completely suited up and then check your movement, there is some restriction in armor and even at 6' I can't fully bend my knees, makes walking up stairs comical, crap walk :laugh1:

Mobility cuts gallery is here

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

FYI a lot of people add mobility cuts to the back of the thigs and shins, but it really depends on your height, if you are too talk they can look silly and show a big black gap at the rear, some add these cuts before trying on the armor, I only advise them for shorter troopers, definitely wait until you are completely suited up and then check your movement, there is some restriction in armor and even at 6' I can't fully bend my knees, makes walking up stairs comical, crap walk :laugh1:

Mobility cuts gallery is here

thanks i was going to ask about that sooner or later.im 5'9.

• Like 1