Belt screw/nut size?

Sorry but I couldn't find an answer anywhere using search.

Anyone know specifically what size the screw & stop nut is on the belt assembly? I'm putting an FX kit together for my buddy and don't want to take mine apart to bring to the hardware store, but I need to know what size to get. Thanks!! :D

:lol::lol: Sorry guys, sometimes when you are putting it together you just assume everyone is right here with you and knows what you are talking about.

I'm attaching the plastic belt to the ab plate. The belt comes in three pieces = one goes across the front with the molded ammo boxes, the other two are clean abs rectangles that go on each side and connect in the back. They are connected with screws and "lock nuts", which are nuts that have a nylon insert to keep them from coming loose if you move the parts up and down.

Here's my belt, the front:

th_IMG_1987.jpg

th_IMG_1989.jpg

and the back:

th_IMG_1990.jpg

th_IMG_1991.jpg

I have to admitt I'm an idiot when it comes to hardware sizes, I usually just bring the item to the store and match it up in the aisle. I don't want to take my belt apart so I was wondering if anyone knew the size off hand, like 1/4" bolt or 3/16" or whatever, LOL...

Thanks!!

The full FX kit comes with the hardware but I don't think it matters for size so long as you aren't trying to use something akin to an eyeglass screw (really tiny) or a 1" bolt (really large) :D

For my FX belt, I used screws from a wall switch plate. You can buy the switch plate and then use the screws while you're in the hardware store to find nuts that will work. Plus you have the added advantage that the screws are white. I have one screw on each side and I use regular nuts, that way I can disassemble the belt for transport.

Also, measure the thickness of the belt/ab plate assembly before you go shopping. Some of the switch plate screws can be too short. You definitely will need something at least 1/2 inch long.

Settled with :

8-32x1/2 machine screws & 8-32 lock nuts (has nylon insert)

They seem to be the closest to what's on my armor, I got 3/4" screws too in case 1/2" falls a little short. Gonna try and assemble tomorrow, I'll let you know how I make out... :)

Thanks Thumper!!

In case anyone needs help with this in the future, the 1/2" long screw worked awesome and it came together very well. Again, the reason for the lock nut (nylon insert) is so it doesn't loosen when moving the parts around - taking on and off, storage, etc... but can still be taken off if needed. :D

th_IMG_2090.jpg

th_IMG_2091.jpg

th_IMG_2092.jpg

th_IMG_2093.jpg

th_IMG_2094.jpg

If you check out the entire "TK Build" section you'll see how I put everything together. I was doing this for my buddy and simply used mine as a template. I have a complete "how I did it" thread on our forums with explinations of everything I did to try and help some of our new members that are assembling their armor, so some pics may not make sense without the explinations.

Some of the stuff is held with velcro or hot glue as a temporary assembly, so he can wear it until we have time to custom trim and taper stuff. Sorry about the rivets for all the elite guys, LOL, we rock hard down here and I have a ghetto assembly shop (dining room table and scrap wood) :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
The full FX kit comes with the hardware but I don't think it matters for size so long as you aren't trying to use something akin to an eyeglass screw (really tiny) or a 1" bolt (really large) :D

For my FX belt, I used screws from a wall switch plate. You can buy the switch plate and then use the screws while you're in the hardware store to find nuts that will work. Plus you have the added advantage that the screws are white. I have one screw on each side and I use regular nuts, that way I can disassemble the belt for transport.

Also, measure the thickness of the belt/ab plate assembly before you go shopping. Some of the switch plate screws can be too short. You definitely will need something at least 1/2 inch long.

also in the hardware store in electrical i run across a whole box of nothing but those white wall plate screws i grabbed them, a couple bucks for like 20 screws.