Scottrooper's RO Anthology TK Build 850 Props

TK3373

Helmet BS (to be modded)

Armour 850 Props

Undersuit/Shirt TBA

Boots TBA

Gloves TBA

Hi there,

I recently purchased a set of 850 Props ROTK armour from a fellow FISD member in OZ and yesterday the BBB arrived at my doorstep. So far I am pretty pleased with the sculpt on this kit. I have had a 850 Tanker armour previously and it wasnt as sharp as this is.

I have a BS helmet which I plan on modding to be more accurate. Not sure at this stage where I want to go with this. I have always like the RO TK's since they came out and they have since appeared in Solo and The Mandalorian.

I am keen on the Mimban Trooper from Solo as I a really dig that blast shield on the helmet. I realise that it is covered by the MPED CRL, but as I will be starting out building as  RO TK I thought I would post here first.

NFvf45r.jpg

Cheers

Scott

• Like 2

Great Start Scott, Definitely get the TK first then go for the MEPD stuff if that is what you want to do. I added you to the roster.

• 3 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to socre a RO trooper undershirt from a friend of mine, I am pretty sure its Imperial Boots but not sure. My question is the colour any good? Its not black as for the ROTKs but a dark grey. I am thinking this is more for a shore trooper but supposedly it can be dyed black. It fits really well and I wasnt going to pass up this gift.

uIsostN.jpg

Cheers

Scott

Certainly looks like the AT-TC driver version of the Shore trooper. You can try and ye it black just check what the materials are it is made from.

Maybe also test some of the cotton as some does not accept dye so you may end up with sewing lines a different color, always best to trial a small area when using any dye.

Scott, I recommend the following process for dyeing, its what I did for the crystal patrol pack and it worked for me on nylon and cotton.

You will need the following:

Hot plate electric burner ($20.00)

Cheap large metal pot 3 gallons or more ($20.00)

2 bottles of Rit DyeMore synthetic dye Black (Graphite) ($10.00)

2 powder packs of black fabric dye (any brand) Black. ($8.00)

1 wooden paint stirrer

1 teaspoon of dish detergent

1 cup of salt or vinegar depending fabric (see below)

Soke the top in cold water.

While the top is soaking, Fill a stainless steel pot with enough water for the fabric to move freely.

Add both bottles of DyeMore and place pot on burner. Turn burner to full and cover.

Check every 10 minutes and stir with paint stirrer to ensure its well mixed. Continue to check every 10 minutes until its at a slow boil or about 200 degrees Fahrenheit.

Add 1 teaspoon of dish detergent to help promote level dyeing.

Remove top from soaking, wring dry then place in pot. Use a large paint stirrer stick to stir the top and cover.

Check and stir every 10 minutes for 1.5 hours. 

Once done, Rinse in warm water and then gradually cool water until rinse water begins to run clear.

Hang dry for 1 day.

Next, soak top in cold water again. 

While the top is soaking, Fill a stainless steel pot with enough water for the fabric to move freely.

Add both powder dye packs and place on burner. Turn burner to full and cover.

Check every 10 minutes and stir with paint stirrer to ensure its well mixed. Continue to check every 10 minutes until its at a slow boil or about 200 degrees Fahrenheit.

To enhance the color: (1) add one cup of salt when dyeing fabrics containing cotton, rayon, ramie or linen; (2) add one cup of vinegar when dyeing fabrics containing nylon, silk or wool.

Remove top from soaking, wring dry then place in pot. Use a large paint stirrer stick to stir the top and cover.

Check and stir every 10 minutes for 1.5 hours. 

Once done, Rinse in warm water and then gradually cool water until rinse water begins to run clear. 

Wash top in washing machine on warm delicate with mild detergent then dry as recommend on garment label.

I hope this helps. The other option is to contact someone in pathfinders and see if anyone want to purchase the top for their shoretrooper or tank driver, then source another ROTK top.

Well crap, I don't know how I missed that and I am building a Shoretrooper currently.... Yes mall the ribs must be horizontal on the TK. I have a Jim top but I recommend Dark side closet for price/quality/ and availability. Other options are available as well but check with someone who has purchased from a particular vendor before you order.