ANH stunt kit - starting today

Hello. I’m gaz.

Like many others in the U.K. I have been furloughed. I work in the events industry so god
Knows when we will be back in full swing.

Today I have decided to stop being depressed and start working on this project. I have had this kit for two years so I have no excuse.

I have been a bit scared of starting like many others but I want to confer this fear.

I have a kit from RS propmaster. I brought the helmet complete as I heard it was the hardest part. I want to assemble the rest of it myself.

I have set up an area so I can watch the RS YouTube channel. As they have advised I am starting with the biceps.

Just wanted to say hi. Wish me luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

80174c2d7d0a0aad4cb11319dd3a5daa.jpg
32b8dfc54fdaf6271fc619a9ae0200fa.jpg
  • Like 2

Hi Gaz! Welcome to the boards and good luck on your build! I’ll be starting on two builds hopefully this weekend or by the first part of next week, depending on shipping time. Although mine and my son’s kits aren’t from RS, their build videos on YouTube are as great resource and I’ve been watching those as well as CableGuy’s videos in preparation for our BBB arrival. I hope you will start a build thread, as I look forward to following your progress.

• Like 1

Hi Gaz, welcome to FISD.  Great to know you're starting your project !!  Feel free to post photos and ask questions.

I highly recommend for your project to read carefully the CRL of the TK you're going to build,  and as many reference Photos as you can.

Looking forward for your advances. 

Cheers   :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, countduck666 said:

does everyone question themselves as much as me when they start?

Yes.  The first few cuts are terrifying.  :)  It gets better - most mistakes are fixable but keep in mind it is easier to trim stuff off later if need be - it is much more difficult to add it back.   For trimming I recommend getting some lexan scissors.  They are fairly cheap on Amazon and are great for cutting fairly clean lines.

Take your time and ask lots of questions.

Good luck!

Hi Gaz & welcome to the world of TK Armour, I've just about finished my RS kit that I bought in their "Pandemic  special" when they had a sale run on their armour a few weeks ago, I found Rob's video tutorials a great help & as I'm sure you already know there's a great wealth of information on here with some very knowledgeable people to help you along if your stuck at any point,enjoy & good luck with your build

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing your build progress, good luck 

20 hours ago, Firedog said:

Hi Gaz! Welcome to the boards and good luck on your build! I’ll be starting on two builds hopefully this weekend or by the first part of next week, depending on shipping time. Although mine and my son’s kits aren’t from RS, their build videos on YouTube are as great resource and I’ve been watching those as well as CableGuy’s videos in preparation for our BBB arrival. I hope you will start a build thread, as I look forward to following your progress.

Hi Shawn. That is awesome. I bet having someone to do this with makes it really cool. My partner is a teacher so she is working right nigh but in a few days I might try and enlist her help a little more. 

I had a look at some cableguy videos last night. thanks for sharing that resource.

19 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

For this first stage of trimming and return edges, You may want to check this Post ,  I think it can be useful .

Thanks for your message of good will. I'm very appreciative of the kindness I have received so far. This is very useful, thank you. 

• Like 1