Need help on the Forearms

chiefbonan

Hello, I am a new member of the FISD fourms. I just got my firest ANH Stunt armour kit. I have been doing lots of research before I begin building, and my Local Garrison pointed me here for a wealth of knowledge. I am relatively on the skinny side, so the armour needs to be cut down a bit. Pictured below is one of the Forearms for my TK. I was wondering if I could cut dow the sides of each pieces to fit more on to my arm, but on one of the sides it has a raised bit near the edge which I am pointing to. Would I be able to cut this off, or would it need to remain? In other words what would be the optimal way to make them fit without looking silly, thank you.

83179876_794885184324980_335642399873171456_n.jpg.3c4425046003ab19e61eee17fc98d356.jpg

Welcome to the forums! 

Do you have pictures of what it looks like on your arm, to show how much overlapping the armor does? You could use some tape just to hold it together to show

Edited by Junos

10 minutes ago, Junos said:

Welcome to the forums! 

Do you have pictures of what it looks like on your arm, to show how much overlapping the armor does? You could use some tape just to hold it together to show

Hello, I taped it with some pics on my arm, it doesn't look too bad, it has around 1 cm overlap. Doesn't have any strapping to keep it sliding down my arm though. IMG_6037.JPG.ca462b0a813b07956fe5f0b5a853fe9b.JPGIMG_6039.JPG.11f166aac82b7f09c093e8b30a7c3755.JPGIMG_6038.JPG.919e05dcf7dc8ddd5e1bb6f920a2268d.JPG0.jpg.400ed75371f4dc357622e46617a0134c.jpg

Hey

You are supposed to keep the ridges on the front and by the sounds of it you can use the screen sized cover strips of 20mm to cover it, they varied on the movie suits but they were all roughly around that size. You size them in the back and what to aim for is to just bearly be able to get your hand through the wrist end with some looser fit at the elbow, I recommend size them up with the biceps as they work together. Bicep should fit snug and be smaller than the elbow end of the forearms. The armor is meant to fit snug so a good test is to just be able to put on/take the helmet off. However, don’t trim to much as is should look proportional. If beeing a smaller Trooper some strategic foam might be in order. I’ll include some pics to illustrate when I get home:duim:

Like what Daniel said - but the strip can/should be 15mm (20mm for the front of your leg pieces).  Also, for sizing it is a good idea to wear your undersuit as well.  Good luck with the build!

On 1/24/2020 at 8:06 PM, WawusTheWalrus said:

Oh one more thing, where is the best place to put the strap connecting the bicep and the forearm? thanks!

Hi Thomas, this chart may help with the shoulder bells to forearms connection when need it . cheers

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working
  • Like 1