Newbie in RoK

Flip42

I'm an ex-pat in Korea and am trying to get a TK armor from RS (experiencing technical difficulties with shipping). Thank you FISD for the plethora of information on what to look for from an armorer (was considering SDS for originality, but went with RS for Screen Accuracy). I want to outfit the bucket with iComm, fans, and ears (assisted listening). I see a lot of you use UKSWrath's rig, any other suggestions? 

• Like 1

Welcome the FISD, looks like you've done plenty of research. In regards in fitting out your bucket this really is a personal preference. I have an aker amp, with wired in Mic and Icomm. I don't use the icomm that often and most people I interact with think the mic/amp combo makes me sound just fine.

I don't have any fans installed (they are sitting on the to do pile) mainly because the climate here in Tassie hasn't prompted me to add them yet. I also have no issues hearing the public so haven't investigated the assisted hearing.

As said a lot is personal preference, but I'd say choose a starting point, troop a few times and tweak as you go. Same as your armour.

Good luck future Trooper

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Welcome to FISD Charles, glad you are on the right path to TK success.

Ask plenty of questions and the help will flow.

Hello Charles, Welcome to FISD.

If you indeed go for RS, do spend some time to check out the “Expert Infantry” and “Centurion” application section on the forum. If put together properly, a set of RS is capable of passing the program with ease.

Good luck and have fun here.