US Postal Service Strikes again!

WoodChuck

Woodchuck here. I have just returned from my local post office.,after making three trips there today. I sent a blaster to a trooper in NJ, PRIORITY MAIL INSURED WITH DELEIVERY CONFIRMATION, only to discover that a substitute carrier just dropped it off in a common area of the apartment building without getting a signature. Come to find out, carriers don't need to get a signature, even on insured parcels UNLESS they are insured for $201 or more. I insured the blaster for $200. the trooper talked to the supervisor at the local post office who told him about the mistake the sub made. Now, the trooper has to report it to the police as a theft, post flyers in his papartment building, and realize there is a thief among his fellow tenants.

My local postal clerk said that I couldn't file a claim because the receipts show DELIVERED, and called the customer a liar.

He's out $190, no blaster, no recourse.

From now on, I will tell the postal clerk I need anything I send to be signed for, and will have to pass another expense on to the customer. Bummer. :angry:

Ouch! That sucks. The post is real good about squirming outa stuff. I send packages to europe express and they will only guarantee that the package will make it there, not to the door. I hate the USPS, but its all we have for international. UPS and FEDEX charge HUGE amounts for even the smallest things.

UPS will kick your package to the door stateside too.

Sorry about your loss man :(

yep ,,it happened to me when i got a BFG from WOODCHUCK ..but lucky me it was delivered days later after pulling out mass amount of hair and teeth ...it seems like it would be worth the extra cash to know its gonna be delivered to the right person and on time..my 2 cents..i am sorry to here about this chuck, hopefully it will come up like mine did...

dan

There has to be a way to regulate getting your items to your customers...I sell and buy military Rifles and ammunition through the mail and have never had any problems, there has to be something you could do to insure that the person you sold the item too, is getting that item