Sourcing Question

Hello All,

I am looking at sourcing an ANH Trooper kit. I spent some time reviewing the FAQ and common threads on the topic last night, and found them all to be very helpful as a starting point.

About 2 years ago, I was looking at sourcing a kit and was looking at ANOVOS. So, I was very surprised to read some disappointing reviews on the supplier as of late.

Obviously wanting to go through my due diligence, I was curious if anyone had feedback on AuthenticProps?

I have contacted Mark from AP, and he seems like he is offering a very genuine product and service, thought I just wanted to obtain external feedback prior to ordering.

Any help is appreciated.

A lot of people have AP and are happy with them, lots of build threads you could look through to see quality and size ;) 

• 1 month later...

Okay, I have a follow up question!

Within a few more discussions with Mark at AP, I am strongly considering a fully assembled kit.

I am 5'11'' and 160lbs, and Mark assures a good fit.  He really seems legit and genuine, and I have no reason not to trust him on that. However, I am new to all this and want to ensure the best investment possible.

I have two toddlers, am self employed (aka limited spare time). I was thinking the fully assembled kit would be easier for me to get started and enjoy. 

My only concern is ensuring the best fluidity of movement possible once the armor is on.

Mark assures me that everything can be deconstructed easily and without damage if needed to make fine tweaks. 

I am just looking for a little bit of feedback prior to making the plunge.

thank you all.

2 hours ago, DC33 said:

I was thinking the fully assembled kit would be easier for me to get started and enjoy. 

Hi Robert, in my experience, for any armor build ,one of the main things you would always need to adjust are  biceps, forearmas and the thighs and shins. The rest of the armor can be adjusted simply  lengthening or shortening the straps.

I would recommend you to talk to Mark and give him your , biceps,forearms , thighs an shins measures so He can build then to fit you the most possible so you can have the best looking way !!

Good luck with you project and hope to hear good news soon.   :salute:

Cheers

Edited by TKSpartan
add info

Commission builds are a 2 edged sword, Robert.  On one hand it saves you time of course, but on the other without having you actually there to fit it you may find that it needs some minor tweaking.  Mark has a sterling reputation here, and if he says he can do it then you can take that to the bank!

One thing I would highly suggest is that you have him remove the return edges completely in some of the areas (see link below).  If you find that it does indeed need adjustments, always feel free to ask us for suggestions and help, and include photos... (we LOVE photos)!

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/48166-return-edges-101-ottk/?tab=comments#comment-670906

• Like 1