Where to find proper paints

Timmer

Hi everyone,

I just received my FX Armor kit today and I'm waiting for my AP bucket. In the meantime I'm still researching the most popular, most efficient ways of doing things with the armor.

When it comes to paints, I have found the info on Humbrol paints, but I'm not sure where to find them in the U.S. I'm surrounded by Home Depot's, Lowe's and Walmart's. Most hobby shops that I knew of around here are gone.

I would appreciate any info on stores that carry Humbrol, and/or what other paints are acceptable when it comes to bucket painting as opposed to using decals.

My apologies if there's a big juicy thread out there with all of this info already. I looked, but couldn't quite find what I needed.

Thanks everybody,

Tim

As far as gloss white paint goes, accept none other than Rustoleum High Performance Enamel. For painting the black and grey parts of the helmets, I use Rustoleum Gloss Black (comes in a quarter pint can) and Testor's Grey 1138. Don't ever use Krylon Fusion Gloss white, it totally sucks.

For the grays I use Humbrol ad gray 5 available at Michigan Toy Soldier (tiny can)(google)

For the black vocoder I use Model Master Semi Gloss Black (.5 ounce bottle)

For the tubes stripes I use Model Master Ford and GM Engine Blue (.5 ounce bottle)

OR----

You can always just buy my decals :) and then all you will need to paint are the frown, ears and vocoder... (sorry couldnt help it! )

Mike

hey timmer,

appreciate the fact that no hobby stores are near by :D

and Prof - that was a nice find; although it does contradict what I was abt to say - I was sure someone once substituted a Tamiya paint (easier to find in the US than HUmbrol). Tried searching but I couldnt find it.

Mike - any ETA on those MR CE decals yet? cos I can defo confirm at least 2 sets for me :D

Nate

I'm a Krylon Gloss White man myself.

Though, if you follow Mike's advice about the Rust-Oleum I'm sure it would do better than what it did for me... (I did NOT follow / see that advice before I had tried it.)

Krylon works great though... is easy to use and very forgiving.