looking for some troopers

tk0000

Hey there. On Sept 27 from 9 -1 here in terre haute , Indiana there is a family learning day downtown put on by the local library. My mom works there and has been trying to get me to get some troopers to come. The library orderd some star wars books to give away too. My locaol garrison hasn't shown much interst in this. Only a few troopers have shown interest. I'm wondering if anybody here would want to come just for the heck of it?

I can't, but I do recommend you just go as yourself or with one person even if it's not in an official 501st capacity. I've done a few "events" where it was just me & a buddy or two. You have to be careful that you don't represent yourself as 501st though, or in a 501st capacity. But what you do with your armor on your own time otherwise is yours to do.

Why would the Garrison not have intrest? :blink:

Ā 

Thats weird. Charity is charity right?

Ā 

I would come if I was home, to help a trooper out.

Ā 

I'm not sure? I contacted a bloodfin events coordinator and gave him all the info and the person to cantact at the library back in June and posted several times since to see if this would become a 501st event.

Why would the Garrison not have intrest? :blink:

Ā 

Thats weird. Charity is charity right?

Ā 

Not really. Sometimes a troop is too far away, or maybe it's last minute. Or maybe no one has much interest. It's volunteer after all, there's no compulsion for folks to troop anything they don't want to. Also, maybe it's garrison preference. I've heard some that do tons of birthday parties, others pretty much none.

Not really. Sometimes a troop is too far away, or maybe it's last minute. Or maybe no one has much interest. It's volunteer after all, there's no compulsion for folks to troop anything they don't want to. Also, maybe it's garrison preference. I've heard some that do tons of birthday parties, others pretty much none.

Ā 

I really dont know the workings of the 501st stateside, so thanks on the info. I pretty much troop anything I can here, but I also do most of my own legwork to orginize it... ;)

Ā 

0000, Hope your troop is a good one! I am there in spirit man!

Are you on the Bloodfin boards? Most seem to allow recruits on the forums it's a great way to keep in touch and get to learn the funny particulars about your garrison...for instance in my garrison the mention of squad got a pretty funny conversation going, I finally found out the long drama behind it...anyways if you are not on there get on there! That's an order trooper. ;)

Are you on the Bloodfin boards? Most seem to allow recruits on the forums it's a great way to keep in touch and get to learn the funny particulars about your garrison...for instance in my garrison the mention of squad got a pretty funny conversation going, I finally found out the long drama behind it...anyways if you are not on there get on there! That's an order trooper. ;)

Ā 

I'm on there. I've posted the info on there too. I've trooped with bloodfin on several occations and they're a great bunch of troopers. If anyone knows any other star wars costumers in or near Terre Haute, IN let me know how i can contact them.

Ā 

There will be other characters there as well. The cat in the hat, Shrek and fiona, Beary bear, and the incredibles "dad" will be there. There will be tons of FREE activities, book giveaways, all kinds of programs and booths set up.

• 2 weeks later...