Do You Get ANY Feedback from These?

Aerator speakers

---------

does anybody have these? if so, do they fit the hovi-mix mic tips or JUST the FX (as shown)?

do you guys get anyfeedback from these speakers? i know they are totally on the outside, in theory ELIMINATING all feedback, but do these give you ANY feedback whatsoever? some dimensions would be nice, too....

Thanks! :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Theres a much better alternative by going with Stomper Hovi's loaded with Super Trooper speakers. I think TKduouno also has a contact for really good speakers too.

and just for the record...triktoys, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I had my first real event earlier this week, had no feedback or sound problems running my Wal-Mart voice changer thru a set of Stompers. My only problem is that I mumble and had to speak up a bit for people to properly hear me, but I think that's more me than the setup.

Check out this post on MEPD from my garrison mate Brian: http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4421

I didn't like the speaker the kit came with so I swapped it out with a couple of mini speakers. After wiring them up serially I installed one each behind the hovis. Mine are hollowed out. To lessen the risk of feedback, be sure to use plenty of of dense material for dampening. A tip I got from the UKG troopers was to use blue tack (or something similar) around the speaker housing. That's basically a spraypaint can cap cut to fit a speaker in (thanks to TD1536 for that one). You don't need the whole cap, just the center part where the nozzle would go. Once you got the speaker in place, pack in plenty of blue tack behind and around it and mount them behind the hovis. I also used some pipe insulation foam trimmed to fit over each, and to add some extra density to help hold it in place. If everything goes right, you should be able to adjust the Rom's volume, even max it out without any feedback. Mine's pretty loud and people have actually told me to turn it down tongue.gif. Now its at a more tolerable level.

please check out my tutorial here :)

------

tips on how to limit feedback. It';s usually those horrid hollow mics that are the cause dude

I also sell little half egg shaped vac formed caps to conceal the speaker. an improvement on my aerosol cap idea :)

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed