Sign in to follow this  
TK-42134

Anovos Fine Hovi Tip Mesh Removal

Hello Troopers,

I bought some Mic Tip mesh from Ukwrath. I was wondering how to remove the fine mesh that is currently in my tips right now. It seems to be in there pretty good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Q. As always, your help is greatly appreciated. 

• Like 1

f5f6ec25475173d9f765234e01dcd268.jpgc978924666ad009e1dd71b345e22d57c.jpg
It took a little bit of work, but it’s done. I’m halfway there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work

d0f197f006a47909cf412728fd5204a0.jpg
All done.

• Like 1

Looking much better :duim:

144d6be04a38ef724529496e304f0f94.jpg
Painted the inside of my Hovi tips white. I read you should apply a second coat within three hours or after forty eight to avoid wrinkling. Has anyone ever had a problem with that?

Yes I have had an issue with wrinkling before, I find the bigger the build up of paint can cause wrinkling, I normally leave overnight then apply another coat, thinner coats are what works best.

d0f197f006a47909cf412728fd5204a0.jpg&key=83e3d44b232d2739efbbddc45f06c569bd38a45f9a84be6553e7797dc5d6813d
All done.

Hey- coming along nicely. In looking at your helmet eye sockets, it appears you still have some material you need to trim/sand:
e898c26d45d4a41ea939228516f6270b.jpg

I have been debating on how to do this. 

I have been debating on how to do this. 

What do you mean? Just take the lens out and use the small RC scissors to cut away that little bit, or just sand it. There’s not a lot there to do. Shouldn’t take long .

9f9665337f3cf7a7f0fcac7c73376fdf.jpg
Would these work?

9f9665337f3cf7a7f0fcac7c73376fdf.jpg&key=173fd5533ca349cc58a75b4ad7d9ad56f3a0699f14556157c1a2f5ad41953276
Would these work?

It’s hard to tell how big those are. Do you have a small file you could use? Or just some sandpaper for a while could work.

I’d have to get a pair. I 

I used a small file and a dremel if you feel comfortable with those. Easy to ruin things though!

I will most likely get a pair of those scissors. I saw a picture of a guys eye after he tried trimming the flashing with a Dremel. It wasn’t pretty. I don’t want to risk it with my Dremel.

Good morning everyone. Just wanted your thoughts to see if this would pass at the EIB/Centurion Levels. I am not the best at painting. I wanted to run it by my fellow troopers.
26f63db8122be2e9a940f3beb49fb2cc.jpg

Edited by TK-42134
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TK-42134 said:

Good morning everyone. Just wanted your thoughts to see if this would pass at the EIB/Centurion Levels. I am not the best at painting. I wanted to run it by my fellow troopers.
26f63db8122be2e9a940f3beb49fb2cc.jpg

:jc_doublethumbup:  Nice job!!

Thanks Joseph.:) I touched them up a little more, even. 

Edited by TK-42134

I will most likely get a pair of those scissors. I saw a picture of a guys eye after he tried trimming the flashing with a Dremel. It wasn’t pretty. I don’t want to risk it with my Dremel.

Dude- my Dremel was a lifesaver for my build. Without it, it would’ve taken me forever to cut and sand down parts. The dremel was my go-to tool aside from the tin snips for the initial cutting. Just wear a pair of safety glasses- you shouldn’t get any shrapnel. I just wore standard safety glasses- not even the wraparound ones and I was fine.

• Like 1

I have 3 Dremel's (well knock off brands) each with a different tip, all plugged in ready for when I'm building, I don't like stopping to change the tips, just swap the Dremel it's quicker ;)

6 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I have 3 Dremel's (well knock off brands) each with a different tip, all plugged in ready for when I'm building, I don't like stopping to change the tips, just swap the Dremel it's quicker ;)

I would kill to see your workshop Glen.... with so many builds under your belt, you must have every tool known to mankind, (and I'm envious as hell, lol)!

• Like 2