Wired or wireless for this set up?

Most people I know who've used wireless, me included, have ended up back using a wired connection again.

Admittedly not using iComm as that's not very common here but using a number of different options.

I use wired, Aker amp and Icomm for static burst, had to change the battery in the Icomm once, now use an external for ease of charging. I have gone through 3 mic’s in 6 years, just constant rubbing and bending of the wire caused breaks. We also use amp jacks on most of our weapons which run to the amp, this is another cable which runs from the blaster up the arm up to the amp, i’ve Gone through two of these cables as well due to breaks.

I have heard some guys have tried wireless with mixed results, personally it’s really not that hard using a wired setup, it’s like things what ever you are comfortable using ;) 

I’m fairly new but I did wired the first time and had issues when putting the helmet on it would hit the head piece of the mic causing it to move out of position, plus I forgot to put it on prior to dressing so I had to kinda work it down to where it needed to go.

Then got a wireless and would put that into my balaclava. Still working on placement cause I’m having issues with the mic and feedback. Lately it seems to be happening on the later half of the troops and I’m wondering if it’s cause the mic gets wet being so close to my lips. I’ve found a spot where I can velcro it into the helmet without it getting in the way when I put the helmet on and it’s still close enough to pick up my voice.

I guess what I’m saying is you’ve got both give them both a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk