Ebay FOTK armor with quite a bit of soft goods

STP

Never owned TK armor of any kind in the past, but I've been looking into buying a suit.  Please share your honest thoughts so I don't make a noobie mistake here.  I saw on a forum where a guy was being encouraged to sell his problematic armor on Ebay, so I'm a bit gun shy on this.

This auction with photos is at https://www.ebay.com/itm/star-wars-first-order-stormtrooper-Armor-TFA-TLJ-costume-Ready-To-Wear/163260455205

I sent him some questions, but not sure what else to ask or look for:
  1. Any idea on the source of the actual hard armor in this auction?
  2. Was this part of a 501st approved suit?
  3. Do you also have a helmet, boots, and gloves?
  4. Is it possible to repair that shoulder break?
  5. Any other damage (hard or soft items)?

Thanks to each of you! 

Yeah, I'm thinking it would be more trouble than it's worth.  He's asking $950.  I messaged him that I wouldn't be comfortable spending more than $500 for it, but I'm thinking that may even be too much given all the unknowns. 

On that note, any leads on a ready to wear suit that I could get into?

For eBay, it looks pretty impressive.  I agree I think it's one of Jimmi's older kits- so it's more likely than not fiberglass, and therefore heavy.  His new ones are fiberglass, too, but they have been lightened.  There is a significant cracking/break in the shoulder/back/yoke area, which would concern me.  I personally don't think it fits the model that great (biceps are way too big and awkward).  Those gaskets look suspect.  

For the price, I'd go with someone here, someone definitely vetted.  And you would know 100% what you're getting, vs. gambling with your hard-earned credits.  

• Like 1

The gaskets are wrong on the arms.  Theres a huge bicept gap sticking out.  The gasket should attach all around.  

May just need a seam let out, or entirely new gasket.

I doubt this was ever approved competently.  Vote to avoid.

• Like 1