TK-22706 Requesting ANH EIB Status [WTF] (845)

Helmet/Armor Maker= Walt's Trooper Factory

Blaster= Hyperfirm E-11

Height= 5'11"

Weight= 175lbs

Boots= Imperal Boots

Belt= Imperal Outfitters

Neck seal= Geeky Pinks Phantastic Neck Seals

Electronics

Fans= self made

Voice= ROM/FX

Hovi Tips= Ukswrath

7ImCQ9I6_-4BSbHU6cYNnvdolScJL5bNTw1n16zZ

1XWBWcEeTAq8CKgxzCgQJ1DnBCtuX3I6m7BnZPZX

qgxnRYHRIrTc3NXr5k_yXJGmMf3X3gbJ1KIJO2aa

gB6gSQpitB1OEJWCG6wvz97Y_DvMwg-cO0qsHCr2

Vxk97ZEwvccEsSo5icoulwxTVWO5WkR994p6u6B6

GJeSfG9y-4jEvuEsOLihC5PxXwF5Qo7cmRCfSyeJ

G6OiC8S1N87MApIn6r1KCr5MWJTG4PRn4ojxWlNk

rZll07I4-JLsrSqvdtc2vkrjhKeyc0AxQVbqOYa5

bzwXOEOBk74uH3FfuIUdP4-Vgbr4GMQdonZ0FUmK

IYaxigpwaNPAnL4ypzJJG_lEuiCUCZbFSiDVEQOE

VFvVEfZfzIi0XpajxuMh3Yc86l8uNXb85EYH7Vsi

8ZgZizkT9aaHu-y7jxL4i_X0KtNocy2mNLDkmzk0

2hR0vMrZ9l8PMZdtOAJ0Gy8is1DmGF8wn7V4RSHe

ZLJJ-o_sLYGBNmwaq7Eey8Lfix3Hjy8KsOVExa1A

MzkRGWnxuJRpLXMbR_eTH-Yo3XShCTwbkquTpVFU

VFsxbog6BDCtVEGbG4IG_iA9qB7f_ftRviBGf3E2

qBc9wSd-aqeegdLcNLroWqiXuBrtzralk95P7qFs

O4QD0vaQ02i6cJT_yFYXg1Jgk-GnnIZh3PwYrFqM

4Tg9ez159yt7tn9OLUKDMHok2E0munCZWw3KCLHp

mhpPB3tXr1u2kYjZotY5_FPxpE1xlo1ekCP1nNJl

n2ZEMN0lNFxzQBKmx1B9VsT7VZltpTlOnCr6L4YF

Dj1X5kmO7hCI3hbvoBOs1zAjA79VBJcY3HALGXTS

wCtvOcnS0Z_ew7UNszIFodEbFwkLU7cM7EVhszCC

9NIuVy8Rcp133MJfD_9Ypsoxya0l1utpUmZkveJT

C6xSLLZ7y9gLQCHx8j_j1wOqepCSxQ9zZZbXeHdI

br9L-1912ns2K6qMc3gOKLMX1vdKXnMyR-6esxia

puX-XEQny_hiMv8fwszAQLvF60-eMQdIJqJdnUgb

wZjLsRcc5y0R6H46E9WX9j8eZC7xPopEYNQ8ADu3

hcBV2NFJlgpZKfOlbqFHO9Mt0C170MZjlP0ITS8e

jY_uH8cqq8b6V0S6VYtMJqQcFk3xXkC8UuR4B4m5

fd6Qs2NMni3xAh9zbaEDeW0qRjE2j2DL6DVRvkSs

XJEPH-aYbzRXjH_RwY3fPDtQs6nYHTtKZTk37R_q

HbgxtfgzHQwddj2bsDptKOfqdMxlOUVUNwuAoKmU

Thank you for your review!

Hi 

good job on your armor .

some details : the space between your ab and kidney on your right side seems to be a bit wide , it can be no more then 12,5 mm for EIB .

the staff wil review your application further ! 

Goodluck with your approval for EIB ! 

Godspeed trooper ! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TK-40996 said:

some details : the space between your ab and kidney on your right side seems to be a bit wide , it can be no more then 12,5 mm for EIB .

I'll double check it with a ruler.  Worse case I can adjust the strap to bring it in tighter :)

• Like 1

You have some fitment issues, but nothing major. that right thigh needs to be brought up and evened out with your left, and the TD should be centered to your back. Your chest plate should overlap the abs, it looks like it is sitting right on top as your back and kidneys should sit. There is slight gap in your back and kidneys that should be tightened up. Some other issues will need to be addressed for L3, but for EIB your really close. shouldn't need too much and should be super simple to fix. Drop boxes needing to be tightened up and moved to the edge of the ammo belt. may need to tighten up the gap between the shoulders and the bridge. Ab buttons (Painted) look like they might be a little too big, but cant really tell. and I cant tell but is the thigh ammo belt rounded at the back corner or at a 45 degree angle, might just be the photo.

also just curious if you have walked around in this armor to get a feel for it, or have trooped in it yet. I feel you may want to take the return off the butt, or at least at the crouch area. you have some pretty sharp looking points that may not be so nice on a troop.

Keep up the good work, armor looks awesome! cant wait to see you at EIB, then Centurion after that!

46 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

TD should be centered to your back

My wife insists making me do it myself :laugh1:  I really need to get a mirror and do better.

The chest piece does cover the ab but maybe not by much....i would have to get a better pic of it.  Not sure if that is a result of using brackets?

Also probably due to using brackets is the gap between the kidney and back.  I think some abs spacers will tighten these up rather than tearing down and resewing parts.  Plus I need to reinforce that return edge anywho.

Thigh ammo pack is rounded, but i see where the picture is making it look like there is an edge.

50 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

also just curious if you have walked around in this armor to get a feel for it, or have trooped in it yet. I feel you may want to take the return off the butt, or at least at the crouch area. you have some pretty sharp looking points that may not be so nice on a troop.

First troop is 7/19!  But I have walked around the house, even up and down stairs and have not had much pinching in the legs and crouch.  More so I had a part on my right arm.  Also noticed that my bicep hooks catch the chest armor occasionally so I am going to shorten them up.

3 minutes ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

My wife insists making me do it myself :laugh1:  I really need to get a mirror and do better.

The chest piece does cover the ab but maybe not by much....i would have to get a better pic of it.  Not sure if that is a result of using brackets?

Also probably due to using brackets is the gap between the kidney and back.  I think some abs spacers will tighten these up rather than tearing down and resewing parts.  Plus I need to reinforce that return edge anywho.

Thigh ammo pack is rounded, but i see where the picture is making it look like there is an edge.

First troop is 7/19!  But I have walked around the house, even up and down stairs and have not had much pinching in the legs and crouch.  More so I had a part on my right arm.  Also noticed that my bicep hooks catch the chest armor occasionally so I am going to shorten them up.

sounds pretty good. you should have a good amount of overlap on that chest to ab part. so could have something to do with the strapping. I feel like in a lot of the photos I can see your black under suit between the peak of the abs and the middle of the chest. If your being made to put the TD on by yourself for practice of dressing at a troop, hopefully you can get someone that is trooping with you to help out, you wont always have a mirror to be able to look at things. I look forward to your review and hope to see your Centurion app soon

Hey bud.

Well done for getting to this point. I’ve been following your thread and you’ve done really well. :-)

Just to add to the other bits raised, I’d just throw in the calves. Personally, I’d try to close those gaps at the top.
Also, not sure if it’s the lighting or if the backs are dented?

75260a678a51f933251ba65e19e9b58b.png

Have fun at that first troop.

Best of luck with your application. :-)

Dan

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Hey bud.

Well done for getting to this point. I’ve been following your thread and you’ve done really well. :-)

Just to add to the other bits raised, I’d just throw in the calves. Personally, I’d try to close those gaps at the top.

75260a678a51f933251ba65e19e9b58b.png

Have fun at that first troop. emoji1303.png

Best of luck with your application. :-)

Dan

Close those gaps, or completely cut the back out. would be easier to walk also

@StrmTRPR85 I would like to apologize. I was just able to take a better, blown up look at your photos and you are correct. you have not got a gap that shows any undersuit! it was the shadow cast from the chest.  

23 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

@StrmTRPR85 I would like to apologize. I was just able to take a better, blown up look at your photos and you are correct. you have not got a gap that shows any undersuit! it was the shadow cast from the chest.  

No harm done!  Its hard to see things from just pictures unless I gave you just the right angle to see it from.  Darn old jedi and there certain point of view :)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

The top i can try to close...not sure how much luck I will have possible readjust the elastic to pull it tighter? that might do it.  Is cutting them an option?  That is by far the easiest if not possible to get them closed with the elastic.

It might be the lighting.  I know in that spot I have my middle elastic so not sure if that dented slightly from when I gave it a water bath.  I'll get a better pic of it later tonight and post it up here.

1 minute ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

The top i can try to close...not sure how much luck I will have possible readjust the elastic to pull it tighter? that might do it.  Is cutting them an option?  That is by far the easiest if not possible to get them closed with the elastic.

It might be the lighting.  I know in that spot I have my middle elastic so not sure if that dented slightly from when I gave it a water bath.  I'll get a better pic of it later tonight and post it up here.

Yes! you can cut the back out of the calf, if you do this I would also do it on the thigh area. Take a look at the screen references, and some of the approved kits here, to see what exactly I am talking about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Commander Gree said:

Take a look at the screen references, and some of the approved kits here, to see what exactly I am talking about.

I saw that the CRL model has them cut out when I was looking over before EIB submission.  It appears to be a very slight crescent.  I can only imagine the mobility I will have after that!

1 minute ago, StrmTRPR85 said:

I saw that the CRL model has them cut out when I was looking over before EIB submission.  It appears to be a very slight crescent.  I can only imagine the mobility I will have after that!

yep it is great. I just had my first troop in the TK this last weekend. I will tell you that I found that I need to take even more off the back. to the area where they run sideways, as I had left just a little (Maybe a half inch) on the back and it began digging into the back of my knee. I have a high tolerance for pain, so my first thought was "yeah that's gotta go"

3 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Picture straight on can't see anything.

_6AwcoP0_7eBeftlJQwnK0cLYCFxVmLMUdKQ8gsq

Picture from side can see a small indent

exDSJfJc73VxJk6naVEtbaBhU2YoyE0rtYqZJAph

Not sure what would have caused this, hope it doesn't impede higher approval

Just the lighting by the looks of it. Looks okay in the close ups.

There’s no top gap in this pic - perhaps they just weren’t done up fully in the previous pics?

1b9a1e48bef0c32ba76081daa2416953.png

Please don`t cut out the backs of thighs/shins, you really have no need for it and especially as you raise the right thigh to match the left as Dan illustrated. You have more than enough room. The Hero suits did not have those cuts and why? It doesen`t look as good and the Hero was all about the look - that`s why the helmets were different and used at close ups on stunts:)   By trimming the return edge it will help getting the shins to close, it helps more than one would think and also back half of upper thighs/shins for comfort, I didn`t draw all the lines but you see what I mean...you can go as far untill it`s just a hint of a return left and it will still look good, don`t cut right to the end though would be my advise:salute: and almost forgot, a simple dressing tip when putting the TD on making sure it`s straight by yourself is to use the raised egde in the back plate as a guide in relation to the metal clips.  All that beeing said - looking good Jeff and see you at Centurion:duim:

poLWMPU.jpg

3 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Just the lighting by the looks of it. Looks okay in the close ups. emoji1303.png

There’s no top gap in this pic - perhaps they just weren’t done up fully in the previous pics?

It's closed well due in part to me just holding it :)

Haven't messed with the elastics just yet.

5 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Just the lighting by the looks of it. Looks okay in the close ups. emoji1303.png

My calfs push them out a bit.  Current fix is to move the top elastic piece away from the edge about 1/4 to 1/2 inch to give it more pull on the top.  That should help close it more.  If I'm still getting some push from my leg, I'll be removing some of the top return edge to reduce the area it pushes on.

2 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Please don`t cut out the backs of thighs/shins

I entirely agree with the not wanting to cut the thighs and shins.  To me personally I prefer the complete look.  But IF and only IF I cannot get them closed by removing return edge and tightening the elastic cutting is the last resort :) 

I mean it is a stunt ANH TK after all B) cutting is still canon if I can't get the other to work.

• Like 1

• ukswrath changed the title to TK-22706 Requesting ANH EIB Status [WTF]

Couple things, first and foremost, you are building a stunt, not a hero, so in my opinion the hero build shouldn't be used to compare to yours. I have looked at a ton s screen references (There aren't many of the trooper from behind) but most have the backs cut out. I did it for mobility and because that's what the CRL shows. But at the end of the day this is your costume. I wont plead with you either way, unless I think what you are about to do will ruin your costume, or make it un-approvable. You have options which is what is great about this. I can tell you though that cutting the back out of mine provided so much more mobility.

Side note* while looking at screen shots, I saw quite a bit of the R1 troopers and man do those thighs and Calves look great! they really did a great job on the redesign for comfort and mobility